Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a few things I wanted to say..........

I had really fantastic time and it was a real pleasure to see so many of you. I'm sorry I didn't get around to see all of you, but there were so many of you!
If you weren't sure where I was I was in the corner with my lad Ben, in the blue Khyam with the GS!

We counted 62 bikes give or take the odd one, and that doesn't count the lightweights in the B&B's. :D I reckon that's double last years turn out!

I wanted to thank all the people that have helped to organise this event;
Chad (for sorting out the venue), Lord Vader and others that have visited to see what it was like. Chad there's a bottle of whisky waiting for you at my house as a thank you.
Squirrelciv and I think Samwise for helping secure and sort out the marquee.

I'd like to thank all of the rideout leaders (as mentioned in Chad post). By the way all rideout leaders were given a present as a thank you. (if you're a rideout leader and haven't got yours please drop me a PM) The presents were kindly donated by Francis (fw750x) who came all the way over from Ireland to see us. Thanks mate. :D

But mainly I'd like to thank you all, because without you lot it just wouldn't have happened.

I think we should also have some awards.

Furthest distance travelled.
This has got to be Romeo One who came over from Majorca! Albeit he flew back to Wales to get his AT. :D

Funniest tent erection.
Cabby wins hands down with his wendy house.

Largest number of drops.
Couldn't decide whether this was Fletch or BtBloke :D but I think Fletch must win. :D:D:D:D

You can add your own awards to this thread.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Funniest tent erection.
Cabby wins hands down with his wendy house.
WADDAYOUMEAN F***ing "Wendy House".....They don't have there own Karzey .......OR cost £30 + P&P..:D

:D ;) :thebirdman: :)

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Have to claim the drop,my 3 to fletch's 3,and there's also the fact I managed 3 times stood still and fletch bless him was actually moving on two of them.
But I actually think the award has to go to mudwiz.
Not for how many but for most spectacular!
We went out for on last track ride yesterday morning on an unchecked,unconfirmed possibly illegal but not classified track which turned out to have disappeared below a peat bog.the first 1/4 mile was excellent as they are laying tons of aggregate down to get the path back,unfotunately it then went to bog.
|Mudwiz and I did a quick recce' and decided the route to take,mudwiz to set of first.This is where it happened.
Upon setting off a some rate of knots to get a run-up he had to go down into a watery,muddy dip and out the other side,this didn't happen as his front wheel sank in up past the disc and the bike came to an immediate and abrupt halt.
Mudwiz however didn't!!!
He was tossed ,feet above his head upside down arms strecthed out to hold onto bars(like those supercross guys doing a superman) straight up in the air,his chest coming straight down on the screen,ripping it straight off (now we know why his bikes held together with gaffer tape!) and he plummeted to the ground about 6 feet from the bike.
Now I'm 20 feet away crapping myself thinking air ambulances and the such like when i finally get to him about 30 seconds later
HE'S LAUGHING in a bit of pain,save by a chest plate,but he was pissed off I didn't video it and no one else got to watch.
He then gets up and gets the back on and gets the back end stuck in the hole the front wheel went into,and we continue.
That chaps is award winning mentality,the lane was a nightmare and he was in pain alll the way home,but he had to conquer that track.
anyway will post some piccies later of the bog.

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Largest number of drops.
Couldn't decide whether this was Fletch or BtBloke :D but I think Fletch must win. :D:D:D:D
Oh thats just so unfair, I didn't drop her Saturday, not once...
And statistically Eamon should win, he dropped his (OK so maybe I caused 1 of them), 3 times in a single ascent, so if he hadn't bottled the other 2, pro-rata he would of beat me hands down!

Your not convinced are you? :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts