Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still comfortably numb
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salisbury Plain sounds like the Dog's Danglers, but it's quite a trip to go there, romp around and then come home again.

As a Sarf Easterner I can't help wondering if there isn't somwhere closer (even though it may be tamer). Surely in the whole of Essex, Kent, Sussex, & Hampshire there must be SOMEWHERE offroad we can go that's a bit dirty ?

I did hear that the Pilgrim's Way trail around Canterbury was pretty good, though it may have changed since they put the Channel Tunnel Rail Link through.

This lot http://www.tracksense.co.uk/offroad.htm seem to have found places in the Sarf, so maybe we should do some spying.

Cheers,
Shorty

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
I THINK YEN IS THE MAN FOR THIS PARTICULAR TASKsorry shouting again :oops:

calling yen come in yen . what do you know buddie :D

M

·
0 Posts
off road

Hi, since i'm new to this off roading or trail riding , do we have to go though a school and pay £200 for a day or can we just get together and go our selves. The route near Guilford is not that far away :lol: :lol:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,037 Posts
Chad said:
I THINK YEN IS THE MAN FOR THIS PARTICULAR TASKsorry shouting again :oops:

calling yen come in yen . what do you know buddie :D
Yen to chad...Yen to Chad, are you receiving over, oscar whisky doodah wossname bravo...over.

Try the Pilgrims Way from Hollingbourne eastward, nice and easy trails for an AT (chalk so best done on a dry day). In Essex there are plenty that have been chipped to hide the triple/quadruple 12 inch deep claggy ruts. Just get an Ordnance Survey Landranger map of your own area and look for 'Byways open to all traffic' on the rights of way key then search the map and highlight them. They are not sposed to be secret although some do need searching for on the ground. If you're not sure you've found the right way on to one, then go by tarmac, find the other end and ride back to the start to confirm it.

·
17,680 Posts
yen yo the man :D perhaps we can get one sorted in the areas you know of :D

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,037 Posts
Chad said:
yen yo the man :D perhaps we can get one sorted in the areas you know of :D
I'll bring some maps along with my carb gauges on Wednesday or Thursday.

·
Still comfortably numb
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it sounds like we're up for it. I don't think we need to go on a course, though I wouldn't mind and I'd sooner drop a school's bike than mine.

We can discus it further when we meet at Hook in a week's time. :D

Chad, are you gonna be able to make it to Hook ?

·
17,680 Posts
cant make that one . im hopeing to do a run down to sussex on the 5th march with man up north . got to look at maps and come up with best compromise and hoping to get more responce's :D

must put it on calender :D

·
Still comfortably numb
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chad said:
im hopeing to do a run down to sussex on the 5th march with man up north .must put it on calender :D
Hehe, I've already put it on the calendar :tongue2:

I'm hoping to make that one, but I'm working till one on Sunday morning, so I may not wake up in time.

·
17,680 Posts
calender updated 8) 10.30am brighton pier i.ll pm my no to you so if you are running late you can tag along later :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts