Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first time this year had the chance to sort out the workshop.
tarted up the black Dommie fitted fcr carb and quick action throttle to the RGVNX
top box fitted to red dommie.
Need the room for this

·
Registered
942 Posts
so how are you liking the fcr on the rgvnx ?
very happy with the way mine works, have made a few changes to the jetting that the XRL guys are using after running my bike with a afr gauge fitted,
got it pretty much spot on now , and when I get my ncvs needle to replace the ncvt I should have it perfect,the ncvs is slightly narrower on the straight diameter and will slightly richen it at 1/8 - 1/4 throttle where I had a slight lean spot,
look forward to reading your feedback :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
always good to hear from you Nick
At present I am on 158mainjet long hex type
42 pilot jet NCVT needle (2nd groove down)
fitted a quick action throttle using pull only
Next bit took longer than ever using a dommie choke cable with FCR choke fitting into a Suzuki RGV switch nearly gave in and watched TV:p

·
Registered
942 Posts
that's the jetting I started with , but found for me it was a bit rich at full throttle , now have a 150 or 152 main cant remember which, and was slightly lean in midrange, needle now on 3rd groove down,42 pilot was fine ,
runs much better now and that new needle should sort the slight leanness at 1/8 - 1/4 throttle,
I imagine my home made exhaust and carb manifold account for the slight jetting differences from the xrl setup,the wideband sensor made getting it right a much easier job , one of these INNOVATE MTX-L AFR Wideband 8 ft. Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge 3844 | eBay
my choke is a little 2 position knob ,will try and find a way to connect it to the dommie choke cable, the hot start connects to the cable a treat but I've never needed to use it

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
with regard to exhaust mine is a two into one big bore header pipes mated to a breathe easy cbr600 end can. standby for update
Had a look innovate mtx- gauge very nice but a little out of my price range at this juncture If I can sell my 350LC funds could be readily available, Going to wait for a couple of months before Evil bay calls
I have a ncvt needle jet you have gone for the ncvs, I think I got stung my jet was £23
help me out on the hot start? , I have no idea where to (may not need to use it as you seem to be able to live without it)connect it:(
on the near side (left side as you sit) there is a black pull button like a choke on an old LC it must be for something
getting there, always just nearly there;)

·
Registered
942 Posts
started with the ncvt as favoured by those that have done the fcr conversion on their xr650l , and above 1/4 throttle its perfect for me,but just above tickover to 1/4 throttle I was slightly lean,that area is governed by the diameter of the straight part of the needle,so going to give the ncvs a go which should richen up that area, I could have lived with it but may as well aim for the best it can be :)
the wideband sensor has probably paid for itself from the money ive saved from fuel costs on test rides, makes such a difference having a readout that shows you exactly where its a bit rich or lean, and the difference the adjustments have made,
as for the hot start/choke , on my carb on the left hand side I have a cable operated plunger and a small knob that pulls out, which is the lower of the 2 ,the small knob is the choke and the cable operated plunger is the hot start,which might be of use to you if your racing round the Californian deserts but here in blighty probably no use at all, the hot start hooks up easily to the dommie choke cable,but would be a lot more use if the choke hooked up to the choke cable :rolleyes: as the choke pull on the fcr only has a full on or off position , and when setting off on these cold mornings it would be usefull to run with a bit of choke for the first half a mile
also am getting an extra 20 miles to a tank with the fcr , and as I only have a 10L tank that's quite an improvement

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As always nick invaluable advice Thank you
thought I was a flip to the front mating 3 different bits and making it work only to find waste of time such is life:mad:
choke operation is next you know it's going to be fiddly deep breath (keep me covered I'm going in):)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts