Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this message this morning in response to an ad I have selling my @

Hello Dear Seller, Am John Lewis, I Am highly interested in your above mentioned products for sale. The current condition of the product! If it is still for sale and your last selling price! !Your quick response to this mail will be highly appreciated? Best Regards. John.
My "quick response" was polite:

Price remains as advertised. The condition is best seen for yourself. It is located in Ireland.
I have nibbled on the bait... I'm waiting now for poor "John Lewis" to figure out what product he was "bidding" on, and offer me a deal that is too good to be true.

I'm thinking its a credit transfer thing. Anyone ever got similar? It sounded way too generic to me.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replied just in case the respondent was computer illiterate, but full of cash.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Latest message(I replied on the off chance it was a genuine, if poorly educated buyer).
Hello,
Thanks for the mail.
Give me the last selling price..
Reply.
John..
Pushy..
My reply....
No change. €3500
Note, he still doesn't know what he is buying..
Hello
Thanks for your urgently mail,i am ok with your asking price and you don,t need to bother or stress yourself about the shipment cos i have a reliable shipper that will come to your location for the pickup of the product to my house in Dublin and also my shipper will be assisting me in clearing and picking some of my goods that i bought from other buyers down to my house i will like to have your full information for the payment So that i can forward it to my Accountant to issue you payment, kindly mail me back in Time,with your full detail,I will like if you can confirm the following details to me for the cheque to be send to you within a limited time we have to conclude this transaction.
NOTE confirm the Details to me?
Name:.......................................................
Address:....................................................
zip code.....................................................
country.....................................................
Telephone Number.................
and mobile number for easy
communication......................................
Hope my statement is stated clearly.
Awaiting to hear from you asap.
Best regards.
James..
Where do these people learn Engrish?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In fairness, I was in College with 2 Nigerians, and they had a much better grasp of th ebasics than that.

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
It's one of the main languages there after Ybo (spellin?) and Yoruba.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You'd be much better off if my African prince of an uncle bought your items, he is also looking for a new heir, and may just give you £100,000,000 if you are lucky.
Send me all your credit card details, name and address and I'll forward them to him.

:p

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'd be much better off if my African prince of an uncle bought your items, he is also looking for a new heir, and may just give you £100,000,000 if you are lucky.
Send me all your credit card details, name and address and I'll forward them to him.

:p
That sounds like a great deal. I'll throw in my da's pension book, along with the reg certs for the bike and the jeep too.

I can't lose.:thumbup:

·
Registered
740 Posts
we could start a new thread ,see who's best replying to his list of questions !
Name: Born today
Address: Next door to you Mr.
etc..
etc..
Did you notice the name changed from John to James ?!!

Latest message(I replied on the off chance it was a genuine, if poorly educated buyer).

Pushy..
My reply....

Note, he still doesn't know what he is buying..

Where do these people learn Engrish?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another one this morning.
Its plain insulting!

I am interesting in buying your lovly Car,and what is the lastprice??and also tell me the present condition.i will like to let you know that i will be needing the car urgently for my business partner before next month.I will like to see some of the pictures of it so as to send them to him if he loves the car. ok if its still for sale let me know. Best Regards
My Name: smith
My Phone Number: +447034567890
My Email Address: [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts