Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not the ride out to to beat all ride outs but as I have executive control of this forum its where I am going to post pictures and ride report updates of my Southern Africa adventure - subject to Wifi access.

We fly out tomorrow (Sat), pick up the bikes on Monday and get back to the UK in mid june having travelled through South Africa, Namibia, Zambia (Vic Falls), Botswana, and back to South Africa. Hopefully we will get to see plenty of places like these - all on the route I have in mind....
desert gorge.jpg desert view.jpg gravel road.jpg namibia desert.jpg petrified tree.jpg sand dune.jpg xt660.jpg

Pics courtesy of Dual Sport Africa from whom we are hiring an XT660R and an XT660Z. We are taking our own luggage and finding our own way round an outline route provided by Dual Sport Africa. Accomodation will be as we find it in lodges, B&B, Hostels or whatever, including some wild camping where I have been advised to keep the tent door shut at all times as Hyenas are partial to an arm lying casually out the tent door!!!

Probably no updates for a few days but keep watching. Oh, and in case you are wondering I first packed for this trip about 2 months ago and I doubt I will sleep a wink tonight. We cant wait.:blob7:

And I thought this was a very apt smiley for the rainbow nation:color:

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Have a great trip you 2 and I know you will love the place as much as I do. Send my regards to my ( former) clone and have a look around please,just to make sure they run that place proper. Tell em ,if not I come back and sort them out. Make sure you have a look for a decent German coffee shop, proper cakes :thumbup:
Oh and if you don't mind have a few Windhoek for me. I lived of that stuff when I was there

HAVE FUN GUYS :thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Can't wait for the pics - enjoy it, I know you both will

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
Take care & have a great time, the pair of you.

Not jealous at all :thumbup:

And never mind blogging or looking for WiFi - look for wildlife and views, take pictures then share on your return :toothy10: :color:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I am sure you will both have a great time, me, jealous?.............nah. ;) This adventure will keep you going with camp fire tales for years. :thumbright:

Andy.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Wow,

What an epic trip :thumbup:
Have fun guys, my eldest son worked in Namibia for a while.....loved it

Plenty of pics please......

Just to p1ss us off :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Have a fab trip the both of you.
Thinking of you having a fab time.
Be safe, be good & don't speak to strangers, careful as you cross the road & always wear your seat belt !

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Have a great time both of you.

Looking forward to your updates and pics.

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Have a fantastic time both of you. Take care and ride safe. Looking forward to any pics and reports you post.

Enjoy......

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Wow! Some adventure that will be! Can't wait to see the photos and hear the tales. Ride safe, take care, and above all, ENJOY! :color:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Have a great time you 2. Im not jealous at all.:D

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK so here we are in Cederberg Oasis, about 150miles north of Cape Town. Just a couple of pics as network os not the best

Cape town from table mountain
DSCF1120.jpg

Evening Sun in Cape Town
DSCF1124.jpg
Repacking my Bike - a recurring theme so far
DSCF1130.jpg

The gravel road to Cederberg Oasis - about 50 miles of it
DSCF1135.jpg
The bikes outside the accomodation - our room os the balcony onthe left
DSCF1137.jpg

Ni pics but there are loads of baboons or monkeys by the side of the roads. Also seen one fancy looking gazele/antelope thing.

Scenery is awesome, roads quiet and well made, but the gravel road so far is umm, interesting. The bikes are great.:toothy10:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I could learn to hate you Austin if I did not know you were on a rece:thumbup:

watch out for Hammond his doing some wild life program that is just a gillie tear jerker.. baby Elephant , hungry baby lion.. one has to be voted off :toothy1:

enjoy :toothy10:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts