Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
they are one of the only honda people around these parts now, everyone else seams to have gone bust!
he is a bit of a kunny funt & his wife who is also in the shop counter is about the same, they just seem to be a little be above there station, almost like they are doing you a real favour. I think they must forget that your paying them!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:|

Bum

Well as long as they do the job properly they can be arsey I suppose.. but to a point.

Might end up going to Bournemouth

·
Registered
900 Posts
Bernie Liegh?? Never heard of 'im. I've always taken my bike to Spike Island Motorcycles in Eastleigh(just down from the train station). Top blokes, Gordon(owner), Dennis and Martin, who love their bikes. When I got whacked 2 years ago I'd just driven off from having my MOT there. I was fine but the bike was knocked clear across the road(I jumped off the pedals, clear of the oncoming Ford Fiesta). I picked up my poor injured bike(Yamaha SuperTenere), leaking petrol everywhere, gear and rear brake levers bent backwards, throttle ripped off etc.. and nursed it back to the shop. I was gutted because girlfriend and I had ferry tickets to go riding in France the following afternoon. Gordon and co sucked their teeth and took it back in. The following morning i got a call from Gordon who said that they'd put it all back together using bits from other bikes where necessary and it was ready to ride. I went to pick it up, and, at the counter, reached round for my wallet. Quite prepared to pay for the speedy service that saved my holiday. Gordon put his hand up and said "Don't bother, mate. We all run into bad luck". Been a loyal customer ever since.

Nice, proper garage as well, Spike Island. Oil on the floor, various bits in plastic hanging from the walls and ceiling. Best of all, Gordon collects all sorts of bikes. They sell secondhanders but there are loads of classic beauties tucked here and there that aren't for sale. It's like a museum in there!

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
GeoBloke said:
Bernie Liegh?? Never heard of 'im. I've always taken my bike to Spike Island Motorcycles in Eastleigh(just down from the train station). Top blokes, Gordon(owner), Dennis and Martin, who love their bikes. When I got whacked 2 years ago I'd just driven off from having my MOT there. I was fine but the bike was knocked clear across the road(I jumped off the pedals, clear of the oncoming Ford Fiesta). I picked up my poor injured bike(Yamaha SuperTenere), leaking petrol everywhere, gear and rear brake levers bent backwards, throttle ripped off etc.. and nursed it back to the shop. I was gutted because girlfriend and I had ferry tickets to go riding in France the following afternoon. Gordon and co sucked their teeth and took it back in. The following morning i got a call from Gordon who said that they'd put it all back together using bits from other bikes where necessary and it was ready to ride. I went to pick it up, and, at the counter, reached round for my wallet. Quite prepared to pay for the speedy service that saved my holiday. Gordon put his hand up and said "Don't bother, mate. We all run into bad luck". Been a loyal customer ever since.
I had a tear in my eye reading that, what a star!!

-Simon

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts
Bernie is a ignorant git on a good day. Had carbs balanced there, two weeks later found that choke plunger was siezed. Not too impressed!

·
vodka tester
476 Posts
try bournemouth Honda dealers and ask for Lee (service manager), tell him you know me and he will sort out whatever you need doing.
best honda dealer on the mainland i have come across.... (tommy leonard on the Isle of Man is the best i have met!)

Roy

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Roy

I've actually been doing it myself after getting grief from JB1. But thanks!

I had Nick Lloyd in Andover do the valve spacing and carbs yesterday, what a difference!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Lots of good things heard about Spike Island in Eastleigh. If you are over in the west of Southampton then Mayor Motorcycle Care on the Nursling Industrial Estate are very helpful. I take my XRV to them when it gets too tricky for me - The mechanic is Honda trained and was at Ryes in Southampton for a very long time before Bridge Motorcycles took it over and cocked it up completely.

http://www.mayors-motorcycles.co.uk

·
Registered
2 Posts

Nice, proper garage as well, Spike Island. Oil on the floor, various bits in plastic hanging from the walls and ceiling. Best of all, Gordon collects all sorts of bikes. They sell secondhanders but there are loads of classic beauties tucked here and there that aren't for sale. It's like a museum in there!

Well I guess if you are one of thier 'mates' then a good review is expected. I think this bunch are an absolute shower. They dont know thier left hand from thier right and its no surprise to me that they are trying to sell this dump. Hopefully it will be taken over by helpful people

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lots of good things heard about Spike Island in Eastleigh. If you are over in the west of Southampton then Mayor Motorcycle Care on the Nursling Industrial Estate are very helpful. I take my XRV to them when it gets too tricky for me - The mechanic is Honda trained and was at Ryes in Southampton for a very long time before Bridge Motorcycles took it over and cocked it up completely.

http://www.mayors-motorcycles.co.uk

Spike Island are an unhelpful shower. No wonder the business is for sale

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
I had the valve clearences done at J2 Honda - friendly staff, nice place, and best of all Lee who worked on the bike is top honda technician of the year. And apparently the only Honda master technician in the country.

He didn't bat an eyelid when I produced my own brakepads from my pocket to fit for the mot - he did a top job on the bike, carb balance, valve clearences, coolant, etc etc (16k service) and it was cheaper than the 12k service I had done elsewhere.

Thanks to Mel and Stormforce for the heads up in the first place. J2 - top place, Lee, top mechanic and a thoroughly nice bloke into the bargin.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Opps! Sorry - was going to but as I hadnt been in touch before I left I didnt want to impose :-|

Really glad you guys pointed me in his direction - well well happy witht he job he did on the bike. :thumbright:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts