Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in/near Southampton fancy meeting up for a drink on 2 July? Or maybe Poole is THE place to meet? Ideas? :cool:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why, do you like feeling gooseberries? Is there something about gooseberries that is pleasant to the touch?

(Weirdo!) :D

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts
Does anyone in/near Southampton fancy meeting up for a drink on 2 July? Or maybe Poole is THE place to meet? Ideas? :cool:
Poole meet is on a Tuesday from around 5 pm.
Do not know of any meets on a Thursday.
Bike will be in for MOT on 2nd, if it passes will come out to play - If anyone else puts up their hand. Rykas is not that far away from Southampton.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi im new to this forum, tuesday nights is bike night, ill be down, on my nx650 if i can find out why she sneezes,, i might even clean it,lol ta dave

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
How about staying in the Southampton area. Grendel says this is quite a good place to go:

Corporate Events & Demos

If you're staying in Southampton, whilst the mileage is not high it takes over an hour to get from Southampton to Poole and the traffic is horrendous.

During the summer on Poole Quay on Thursday nights they have bands and fireworks though, but you can't park on the quay unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers! After posting I noticed that the Sunnyfields event was Thursday. On reflection, though, I think I'll be just wanting a quiet pint and a chat. That means the city centre (walking distance, see?) So who'll be around?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Poor timing Dave. I am in Sotton on Wednesday and would have a happily stayed for a pint.

Not sure I can justify staying an extra 24 hours.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, nah, that's a long time to hang around for just a pint and a chat. Another time maybe Whealie.

Any suggestions for a pub? The Eagle (Palmerston Rd) looks okay, and Yates (Above Bar St) is, I guess, a safe bet. The Hobbit (Bevois Valley Rd) seems popular but maybe a bit noisy. Or what about the Alexandra (Bellevue Rd)? What do you say?

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Quiet chat and a pint.............middle of Southampton ......... PMSL:D:D:D

Where are you staying in Southampton and might be able to recommend a suitable place if you're after quiet.

You know those cop shows that show all those "binge drinking youfffs throwing up and fighting" Southampton's a bit like that unfortunately.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't mind going here - GOBLETS, I used to go in 25yrs ago, still called the same, it is just across from where you are staying - in Above bar street, car parking spaces on the street outside, and nearby, probably bike spaces too.

There are reviews on google -

It's in a basement -:) gets my vote:thumbup:

1 x review below

"Goblets is a great pub that has a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. It is mainly frequented by students and the skating community but you will find a large diversity of people, thats the great thing about it. Staff are friendly and helpful and they do the best pub grub in Southampton"

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay let's make it Goblets, Above Bar Street, at 8:30 - 9:00 ish. I'm hoping that - since it's out of university term-time - it will be quieter! And don't forget that I'm from Cardiff. Ask any of the TLD riders whether Cardiff has partying youfs who throw up in the street (the City Centre was packed like day time, but this was 3:30 am!) LOL

Possibles are Francis_Geoff, Husky, Datsun Fan and Mrs Datsun Fan... oh, and me. I don't know Husky, but if I see someone with a crash helmet I'll assume it's you mate! :cool:

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts
Quiet chat and a pint.............middle of Southampton ......... PMSL:D:D:D

Where are you staying in Southampton and might be able to recommend a suitable place if you're after quiet.

You know those cop shows that show all those "binge drinking youfffs throwing up and fighting" Southampton's a bit like that unfortunately.
How dare you!
Southampton is full of nice gentle types - like me!:)
Will try to get over - so long as the bike gets through MOT - used for work at the moment.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Southampton Thursday 2 July

Cheers, Geoff.

...Possibles are Francis_Geoff, Husky, Datsun Fan and Mrs Datsun Fan... oh, and me...
Annette: thanks for your help. You didn't indicate you were coming along so I didn't include you in the list, but you'd be more than welcome of course!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
How about staying in the Southampton area. Grendel says this is quite a good place to go:

Corporate Events & Demos
Great meet highly recommended and it has Beer as well. (Pity I’m working late tonight so I’ll miss it)

As for Goblets good student venue just don’t get to offended by some of the cliental since from memory it used top be one of the gay friendly bars in Southampton but that was a few years back.

Personally if you want a traditional friendly pub I would recommend either Platform tavern or Duke Wellington. Both do good Ale and have Bike parking nearby.

http://www.platformtavern.com/

http://southampton-pubs.co.uk/dukeofwellington/

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers Grendel, thanks for the pointers. Since we've already agreed a venue and maybe not everyone will check back here today, we'll leave the meeting place as Goblets. However, if we are importuned we can move on to the Platform or Duke! :sign5: :thumbright:

·
Registered
333 Posts
However, if we are importuned we can move on to the Platform or Duke! :sign5: :thumbright:

Or - we can stay on and loiter!:D - after all I do have several years Merchant Navy sailing the oceans.......:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts