Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
hondabore
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got flashed to day near bristol air port today doing 37 in a 30 zone .Does anyone know what limit they are set at ie to allow for speado diffrences! are am i screwed?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
1 mile per hour in 10,you might be ok as most speed camaras only have the flash in them to deter:cool:

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
ACPO guidelines - 10% of posted speed limit plus 2mph.

37mph indicated - how accurate is your speedo?. My 600 Alp over reads by 3mph at an indicated 30mph on the speedo - as checked against a calibrated speed gun. The same difference was shown by the hand held GPS we use in the office, so it may be worth doing a quick check with a GPS to see how accurate your speedo is.

Just my ramblings.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
There's no guarantee they are even loaded with film.
I once got flashed in London going, um, fast.... putting some distance between me and an agressive **** in an Audi.

Nothing came through the post....

It would be the average speed cameras that would worry me more.

On second thoughts, don't get me started on how wrong cameras are.....

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
so i know they are for our 'safety' etc

but gosh do i hate all cameras with a passion.......... :mad:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
so i know they are for our 'safety' etc

but gosh do i hate all cameras with a passion.......... :mad:
If by "safety" you mean lighter in the pocket....:rolleyes:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
10% plus 1mph. When I last got caught more than half the class (we had speed awareness training instead of points) like me had been doing 34mph.

L

·
0 Posts
Depends on where they ae as different police forces have different rules, some are 10%+1, others are +2 or even +3.. Some are set a lot higher than the limit (a lot in a 60 zone will be set for 80)

If it flashes once then it's likely to be a warning, twice and you;ve have your picture taken (as long as the film hasn't run out)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
The new digital cameras do not flash at all, apparently.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
one of these ominous looking articles appeared on the Groningen ring road last year,

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The Digital camera on Central hill in Lambeth flashes twice and the feed goes direct to the processing office, fine turns up in the next days post.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Although there are ACPO guidelines on "margins" you CAN be convicted of riding at 31 in a 30 limit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts