Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I am buying tyres
I can get an Anakee
S (112 mph) for £48.23
or H ( 130 mph) £58.41.

I havn't got a true 112 mph out of her, don't think I could ( Heavy load ) , but from a legal perspective I think it depends on the manufactures specs.

What is the listed top speed for a XL650 TA?

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
official listing is 110mph

s is fine

depends how often you plan to do way over a ton

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
myTKC is an S and that handles plenty of weight and 90+
never had any problems

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Flat out, flat on the tank bum up against the top box mine does 109mph (gps speed) tacho about 100rpm from redline on the German Autobahn.
Kept this up for 15 minutes :D:D:D

S is fine.

Phil

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
I have tried various speed ratings and found they were all fine on my AT, but the lower rated tyres didn't last as long as the higher rated ones. But of course there is a price difference as well so it's swings and roundabouts really.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
When I had my Citreon BX it had tyres rated at 130 MPH as standard, as all BX's had. Mine being a diesel only had a top speed of 98 MPH so I dropped the rating to s and had no problems.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have tried various speed ratings and found they were all fine on my AT, but the lower rated tyres didn't last as long as the higher rated ones. But of course there is a price difference as well so it's swings and roundabouts really.
My first rear anakee was used up in 3000 miles but gripped like s%%t, second one not so confident but wearing better. I will have a look at what the speed ratings were.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts