·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Images are not showing.

My speedo has stopped working on a couple of occasions. For me it was simply bending the flaps on the speedo bit that goes into the wheel back out a bit. Maybe worth a try. Then before you tighten your wheel back up, just spin it and see if its made any difference on the speedo.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was thinking about doing that, but is the worm gear worn as ive never seen it before? if it is, then im just gonna order a new one from weemoto today.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Can't see the pics, but I recall having a similar problem with my Honda 550-4 about 20 years ago. There were 2x sets of angled rubber flaps in the drive unit which acted like a clutch - gripping when moving forward and slipping when moving backward. They were in such bad condition I ended up adding a thin layer of Araldite to the surface of the inner race e so that it gripped the outer. Obviously it wouldn't disengage when the bike was rolled backwards, but that's hardly a problem? Self-amalgamating rubber tape would have done a better job I suppose...

Joe

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,089 Posts
You can try to make the metal tags the protrude a bit more proud with the use of a pair of pliers or you need a new drive.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers futter,
Just gone and done that now- all seems to be ok, just about to go for test run now, let you know how it goes.....fingers crossed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts