Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on the speedometer overlays I have seen? I’m back in states with rd07a and would like to change speedo over to mph now from kph . This is a lot cheaper option versus full speedo replace. How hard if someone has done

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any opinions on the speedometer overlays I have seen? I’m back in states with rd07a and would like to change speedo over to mph now from kph . This is a lot cheaper option versus full speedo replace. How hard if someone has done

Don't laugh, but I literally used a sharpie to write the MPH on my speedo. It wears off after a few months, but it's easy to redo. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. More ATs in the US is a good thing.

For the speedo - just memorize your 6X time tables.
120 km..12X6 = 72
110 km..11X6 = 66
100 km..10X6 = 60
90 km.. 9X6 = 54
80 km.. 8X6 = 48
70 km.. 7X6 = 42
60 km.. 6X6 = 36
50 km.. 5X6 = 30
40 km.. 4X6 = 24

You can see you this gets you well within the error factor of almost any posted US speed limit. Plus its good for your brain.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not bad at the conversion thing . Just spent 3 years in Belgium dealing with it. Was just hoping to switch but at this point not going to bother on either bike. Thanks folks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts