Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P1040720.jpg P1040717.jpg P1040724.jpg P1040726.jpg

Hello,

For anyone with buffeting or wind noise issues I though I would post a couple of pics of my recently purchased Tranny which I have been spending a bit of cash on to sort out the screen issues and to lower to accommodate my 29" inside leg getting both feet on floor.

Firstly the screen, I purchase a MRA Flip screen 2nd hand but it only made a marginal improvement over the standard screen. I then purchased a new Powerbronze taller screen which although did make thigs a lot better, I was still having to put my visor down at any speed over 30mph and still noticing a lot of noise when travelling at quite modest speeds.

So with nothing to loose I attacked the MRA Flip screen with my angle grinder cutting out a shape smaller but similar to the X Creen but with the old flip section still in place. I then purchased a set of screen hinges of a dealer from Latvia which arrived today and spent a couple of hour drilling and filing and fixing both screens together. Very pleased with the look of the setup I then took the bike for a spin on various roads up to 80 mph and was amazed to have removed virtually all the issues with the standard screen, In fact even at motorway speed I was able to clearly hear the engine and was also able to keep my visor raised comfortably.

Total Cost: Powerbonze screen: £55.00. Amazon, Hinges: £25.00, Ebay and £30.00 which was wasted on the MRA Screen Ebay Altogether £110.00 for transforming the ride, it's an absolute pleasure now.

Other things changed to date are a lower seat and top box from Ebay and a MFW lowering link from M and P. The biggest purchase was a new Centre stand from David Silver Spares.

The bike is now how I want it giving me a much improved ride and the extra confidence of being able to get both feet to the floor.

Now roll on some nice biking weather

• :cool:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Well done mate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts