Honda XRV Forum banner

Sponsor my/our biker friend

403 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  GOG 007 
#1 ·
Feck ! I was in the bath and thought of this ! To the children we are raising money for, we are faceless names, a group of bikers from a web site called XR' something ! How about if we became Tom/Barry/Mark/Gordon/DC this is the biker who is raising money for us ? Sponsor Him Please. There must be kids in all areas of the country who would be pleased to see the guy/guys who are raising money for their charity. 'This is Tom on his bike, he is riding from Blackpool to Paris for MAWF to help me and my friends'. I am still thinking where this could go but what do you think so far ?

#2 ·
Sorry just dried my hair, what's left of it, not trying to take you all through my bathing habits, but also thought of this. How many Mums & Dads with kids on the MAWF list ride a bike ?, why not invite them along to the ride aswell ? Tom speak to MAWF we need to recruit these Mums & Dads :thumbright:

#6 ·
Excellent thinking, Mark.

I wouldn't link a child with a rider because a) some riders have better opportunities to raise money than others and b) I can't quite see how the link could be used to good effect: if people are going to give I doubt they would give more for knowing there's a specific child in mind.

Where it might work is if there was something on the MAWF website linking to us. On the other hand, if people are on the site, they are probably likely to have a donation in mind in any event...

I do unquestionably think there must be some good in linking the ride with the charity to a greater extent and it is certainly right that we should a) get any parents to ride with us and b) plot a route past the houses of a couple of children who would enjoy it.

Tom, can you look into that?

And another thing: could we get the MAWF website to encourage more riders. As we saw last year, by far the most effective means to raise money is to recruit more riders.

Finally, has anyone been in touch with David S. He raised over £3k last year and wanted to be involved in the fundraising strategy this year. He plainly knows what he is doing!

#11 ·
Excellent thinking, Mark.

I wouldn't link a child with a rider because a) some riders have better opportunities to raise money than others and b) I can't quite see how the link could be used to good effect: if people are going to give I doubt they would give more for knowing there's a specific child in mind.

Where it might work is if there was something on the MAWF website linking to us. On the other hand, if people are on the site, they are probably likely to have a donation in mind in any event...

I do unquestionably think there must be some good in linking the ride with the charity to a greater extent and it is certainly right that we should a) get any parents to ride with us and b) plot a route past the houses of a couple of children who would enjoy it.

Tom, can you look into that?

And another thing: could we get the MAWF website to encourage more riders. As we saw last year, by far the most effective means to raise money is to recruit more riders.

Finally, has anyone been in touch with David S. He raised over £3k last year and wanted to be involved in the fundraising strategy this year. He plainly knows what he is doing!
Guys I wasn't thinking so much as linking a rider to a certain child or raising money for that particular child, perhaps make it a regional thing, but to be clear the money is being raised for the charity not an indivual.

#7 ·
MAW are putting our ride up on their pages in the next few days. Kevin has all the details and has assured me they'll plug our event, in addition to making it clear we're open to riders joining us.

I've already let Karen know if there's anything we can do to involve the kids to let us know. She's on it.

#9 ·
see because we have structure inplace and nae runnin aboot like headless chickens, we get to look at the nice things to make the Ride/Event better.

I agree with getting the charity more involved. Instead of going past kids houses, how about getting at the Ace Cafe involved, the kids get to see all the bikes / Photo opps for us and them, then have them wave us off. another photo opp. This year as well as raising the dosh, we need to raise the profile of TLD and Ace Cafe with the kids is a win win for all involved.
I am sure there will be a few kids in North London area at least.

Then the follwing years hopefully should have more riders. As phil pointed out more riders, more cash.

Just my thoughts

#10 ·
and i am sure Make-A-Wish could help getting a number of kids to Ace also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.