Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all in scotty land ,time yet again to batten down the hatches , get those knobbles on cos it's gonna snow again.
Up to a foot of snow predicted and strong winds equals big drifts .
Hope someone up there takes pics of their snowy treks.
Be careful out there.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Not just in Scottishland. Was due to be in the Peak District for work tomorrow but have just cancelled due to blizzard and drifting predicted. Spring equinox anyone? :rolleyes:

·
Hill Rider
3,106 Posts
Drove into the hinterland around Huntly yesterday evening and the snow drifts there were already taller than the car, before this latest dump of snow arrives :dontknow:.
Down here at sea level, next to the Morayfirth coastline, there is no snow laying about, but my goodness is it fuggin cold. Minus 3 this morning riding to work, but the roads are dry, so no ice to really worry about. Still only freezing at lunch time!

If we get a good dump of the white stuff, I have no doubt that AfricaJim will be out and about sticking the front wheel of his RD04 into a drift or too, for artistic purposes of course :rolleyes: :D ;)

Pictures to follow - - - - maybe ;)

Steve T

:cool:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Up to 6" for West Mids/Wales forecast, snow plough alerts have gone out this afternoon. Going out shortly to put mine on "just in case" to open up the farm and the properties on the lane!

Just to add to the joy, we are TB testing the cattle tomorrow morning, not a nice job for wet or cold conditions. Still, I can put a nice casserole in the slow cooker ready for Supper ;)

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
think we've gone too far trying to combat global warming,
time to break out the cfc's
Have a look at www.weatheraction.com and see what the people have to say on this subject!

Piers Corbyn has been saying that man induced GW is a load of bollix for some some time, his argument is that we are actually heading for another solar induced mini ice age!! I wont comment on this, make your own mind up, but his LR forecasts are based on solar activity work and are better than anything else I have seen.

I have a few tins of deodorant to help :D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Ha ha! Aye, it's damned cold up here! I'm hoping to get out on Saturday but we'll see how bad the snow gets!

Bring it on!

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Ha ha! Aye, it's damned cold up here! I'm hoping to get out on Saturday but we'll see how bad the snow gets!

Bring it on!
Mad Buggers!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I have a source coming over the Lecht past the ski centre tomorrow so I'll have recon done for my Saturday run into Aberdeenshire! ;)

We live a sheltered life here in Morayshire, it's been surprisingly cold this month, not much snow though. Elsewhere is getting hit hard. I'll post up a report at the weekend one way or another. Hopefully this will not affect Galloway next week, and as much as I enjoy the snow, I don't mind local, but a couple of hundred miles, over the Lecht, then over the Spittal of Glenshee? Even I have my limits!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts