Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hear is a video from my phone showing you the problem.

the sproket wobbles on the wheel hub and wen u try and tighten the nuts the bolts just spin with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRA-qkpHLuQ

it also shows the front sproket because i need a front sproket guard and wonderd if i could get one from anywhere.

this is from my 1985 paris daker xlr 125cc.

many thanks

joe

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
hear is a video from my phone showing you the problem.

the sproket wobbles on the wheel hub and wen u try and tighten the nuts the bolts just spin with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRA-qkpHLuQ

it also shows the front sproket because i need a front sproket guard and wonderd if i could get one from anywhere.

this is from my 1985 paris daker xlr 125cc.

many thanks

joe
Well normally you have to hold the other end of the bolt whilst tightening the nuts or they will spin. Shouldn't the nuts be on the other side and allen heads be on the side shown?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The bolts are held by nuts on the other side.
The movement could be due to the slack bolt or the cushdrive rubbers needing replacing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well normally you have to hold the other end of the bolt whilst tightening the nuts or they will spin. Shouldn't the nuts be on the other side and allen heads be on the side shown?

that was my intitial thought but the thread seems to go into the hub, i will have another look l8er and report back

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
that was my intitial thought but the thread seems to go into the hub, i will have another look l8er and report back
Assuming it's a cushdrive hub and not a direct fitting you should pull the sprocket and carrier out of the wheel itself to gain access to the other side of the bolts. It sometimes needs a bit of mallet assistance to seperate.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Can you take the wheel off and take some pics of it from a few different angles? I don't know if this image is anything like your arrangement, it says XL125 1985 model but different countries have different names for the same bikes.

·
How much is the fish?
422 Posts
Looks like you haven´t seated the bolts properly inside the sprocket carrier (They´re usually square headed). You need to take the sprocket carrier off then tighten the nuts while you make sure that the bolt heads are seated properly. You won´t fix it by just trying to tighten up the nuts with the wheel/sprocket carrier still on the bike.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
sorry knobbly thats all alien to me
Do you have wrenches and are willing to bust your knuckles...or is this thread an invitation for someone to come over to your garage and fix it for you...because your not really clear?? Good advice thus far from what I've seen...but at some point you have to help yourself. Yes/No??
You can start by removing the wheel and investigate. Cheers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you have wrenches and are willing to bust your knuckles...or is this thread an invitation for someone to come over to your garage and fix it for you...because your not really clear?? Good advice thus far from what I've seen...but at some point you have to help yourself. Yes/No??
You can start by removing the wheel and investigate. Cheers.
i am today

1 - 13 of 13 Posts