Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather finally arrived so with some new insurance and a shiney new registration plate i ventured out ! The weight of the bike was really noticeable on moving her around the garage and i was beginning to think i had enter'ed one of those it's a knockout competitions when i tried to get her off the center stand ,but all those thought of joining the gym and putting the bike on a diet seemed a little fruitless once the bike finally got going !One cracked bottle of bubbly and the voyage began ,(i have owned the bike for 4-5 months but due to weather and other factors i never rode her) ..Once moving, the bike had a grace about her and a touch of agility and a sure footed feel which inspired confidence at the first roundabout & filled me with a feeling of I had bought the right bike ,fast not especially exciting not really ,what i like about it is it does what does but does it well ..I was comfy until higher speeds where the wind deflection became a nuisance, it has a little burst of accelleration which is enough to do what it needs to do (for me ),the ride is quite comfy and not at all springy like i thought it would be,the brakes work ok a little wooden ( steel lines) but they stop me and you can be progressive with them ,My only real flaw is the clutch (noisy) i will get round to going through that when i can but for now i just want to ride it figure it out and lighten a little and improve on the things i think i can .
This bike is 20 yrs old it done 50,000 kms and it really does not feel like a 20 yr old bike she still has a spring in her step i can see why people get attatched to them .I am not sure if the previous owner did much to the bike but it rides really good the balance considering her weight is very managable .I have a choice of vehicles when going to work none of which are the most glamorous but i find myself grabbing the xrv keys and starting the day with a smile .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice one !
I bought mine last year, French 'bike 1998 RD07 40,000 km, Leovinci exhaust, 2000€
renewed the seat (Polish company), renewed rear suspension, Continental tyres,
It handles well, good engine, top heavy, have bought Ricor Intiminators but not installed them yet to
improve front suspension.
image.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts