Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've been asked to come up with an idea for a stag night for my colleague Iain, an ex RAF technician, 50yrs old.
I suggested a booze cruise down Loch Ness, NOOOOOO !!! Shot down in flames! Iain suffers from mal de mer! "Don't do lochs, don't even do puddles" was his response. Too skinflint to leave the country so Euro jaunt out of the question. It was suggested bowling, I think this is lame!
I thought I'd ask here as some here are,,,, well,,,,,, older,,,, ! As Iain has already suggested "I'm too old for all that" when I mentioned a Chinese then a pub crawl in Inverness! :rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:
Any suggestions for a night out/stag night for a soup-spiller please let me know! I don't think there'll be a lot of us, just a couple of colleagues and some of his RAF mates.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Anything involving naked women is compulsory,as is the camera and the threat of blackmail if he wants an early night.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hello all, I've been asked to come up with an idea for a stag night for my colleague Iain, an ex RAF technician, 50yrs old.
I suggested a booze cruise down Loch Ness, NOOOOOO !!! Shot down in flames! Iain suffers from mal de mer! "Don't do lochs, don't even do puddles" was his response. Too skinflint to leave the country so Euro jaunt out of the question. It was suggested bowling, I think this is lame!
I thought I'd ask here as some here are,,,, well,,,,,, older,,,, ! As Iain has already suggested "I'm too old for all that" when I mentioned a Chinese then a pub crawl in Inverness! :rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:
Any suggestions for a night out/stag night for a soup-spiller please let me know! I don't think there'll be a lot of us, just a couple of colleagues and some of his RAF mates.
Do what i did Take a week and go to the South of France via The MIllau Bridge nice little ride with really nice people who actually like bikers and anything thing else you want in monte carlo

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Not long before my own Stag night, I went on one in central London. I went armed with a length of rope some cheap cooking oil and a bag of flour.

We stripped the groom and tied him to a Lampost in Covent Garden then covered him in cooking oil and flour. This was early, during daylight hours.

Many hours later, having been banned from nightclubs we had no intention or ever returning to, been in a brawl and had a major altercation with the police, we headed home on the tube.

The tag then started screaming his face was falling apart. We were all petrified as chunks of his skin came away first in his hand and them ours. And then I remembered that he was covered in cooking oil and flour.:D

I decided my stag night would be up a mountain in Wales. Sure enough I was stripped naked, had me feet tied together, was dragged through a brook scratching my thigh and was eventually hung upside down from a tree over the babbling brook for about half an hour.

But at least it wasn't Covent Garden.

(Just remembered a detail from this London stag do.)

We were standing outside the Molly Maguire in Tottenham Court Road with pint glasses, when a woman copper came up and said, no word of a lie: "You are drinking from open vessels in a public highway".

"OOOOOH!" we all replied in our very best John Cleese accent: "Open vessels in a public highway". We all squeezed into this tiny pub and, as soon as the police woman had gone emptied back out onto the pavement.

Anyway, I think I have made clear why I should not be giving advice on stag do's. On others I have shaved the groom's head, for example.:D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mentioned girlie bars, Iain sort of sneered at this idea, so I believe this falls into the "too old for that sort of thing" bracket!

Wheallie, I'm finding it quite hard to imagine how you've escaped jail mate! Your suggestions are definately into the "too old for that" bracket! Any how, shaving his head and tying him up would be an offence I'm sure!

LWR your suggestion is the best so far, Iain used to have an old 88" Landy so may be interested in this one!
Keep em comin folks!

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Go up to Durness and paint the town red (it wont take much paint)

And I know some excellent caterers in the Hippy village. You wont have to wait long. Ask the boys at the national.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Go up to Durness and paint the town red (it wont take much paint)

And I know some excellent caterers in the Hippy village. You wont have to wait long. Ask the boys at the national.
eh hem!:mad:

·
Stop looking at my Member
265 Posts
Looking at his age might I suggest a half decent meal then find a nice pub/bar which is a bit quiet but has an awesome whiskey section and reminisce, rather than a pub crawl.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dogmatic, good idea, would suit Iain down to the ground I reckon. My choice was Jimmy Cheung's Chinese buffet and a decent bar locally, but might suggest Inverness, bus or Train up, food, drink, maybe Cactus Jacks (girlie bar) then bus home again, simples!

As for paintball, I, unfortunately have issues with paintball. Shoot me with a paintball gun, "ha ha! Bet that was sore?" Not as sore as your broken nose, or how about that dislocated shoulder? I was picked for the Scotland B karate team many yrs ago, B team maybe, hard as f*ck for sure! Hurt? I'll show you hurt! No paintball gun required!

I'll check that site Drew, thanks. Iain's pretty dull though (bloody ex RAF! See Steve T, same ilk,,, just joking Steve!) Also claims to have no money, well, that's what getting married does to you! Hopefully something will come up! Still think my booze cruise down Loch Ness is a stonking idea!

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Hi Jim,

Don't know how many of you are going, but you could look into hiring a cabin cruiser from Jacobite, drift down the loch and take in a couple of pubs on the way.Stay on the Loch for a night and head up the following day. They might give you decent rates off season ;)

Either that or I went to Rothiemurchus estate for my son's 21st, did 4x4 and clay pigeons on the same day - then off to explore Aviemore's nightlife :thumb:

Good craic and not too expensive -- apart from the drinks ;)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last one I was on was the Jacobite Lowflyer, good craic I thought! Unfortunately Iain "doesn't do boats" :confused:

Aye, something along the 4x4 idea or clay shooting, sounds pretty good. I've got till Sept to come up with something any how so we'll see. Thanks for all comments folks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
just wrap him to a street light pole in cling film leave him to marinade for about 10 hours whilst the rest of you hit the pole dancing bars (Glasgow) has a wide choice i believe

Then when you eventually go back to rescue him in the morning give him several slaps and tell him not to be so stupid (getting married) as if he thinks he has no money now just wait til he says i do which incidentally has a lot more items on the list that you are saying i do to than what the minister/priest actually has time to say during the ceremony...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts