Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Troops,
I need a bit of help here, -
Today I recieved a set of stainless engine bars I recently bought on fleebay but was unable to fit them as I cant work where / how these bars attach to the front frame tube? Unless I'm missing something really obvious these bars will not fit my 07A with out modification. The rear mounts line up (ish) with the large frame bolt, and the front bottom mounts lines up with the sump guard bolts, but the front top mount dosn't line up with anything! There's a bracket for attaching the front top mount, but although I can see roughly where on the frame front tube it should go, I can't see how it attaches.
I've contacted the seller, who again assures me the bars are for a 07A.

Any suggestions /photos would be great

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the last thread shoiws the bars and the bracket that I cant work out how it attachs

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Does the bracket go around the rear of the frame?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks guys,
believe it or not I sort of worked out the problem last night after a couple of hot whiskys:happy8:!! My last @ had the same bars fitted when I bought it, and although I removed and refitted the bars several times when cleaning the bike, I couldn't remember having to mess about with a bracket at the front of the frame (as it was already fitted)
Then when I got the new bars I couldn't see where the bracket bolted too:confused: It was only after the couple of whiskys that I realised the bracket clamped to the frame - not bolted to it. Thats my excuse for having a numpty moment and I'm sticking to it:joker:

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts