Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it works! good luck with the rebuild. are you going for full restoration or just a darn good tidy and polish?
I'm not going to even try and track down every original part to do a full restoration, as long as it is neat and tidy and lasts another 30+ years I won't grumble :p

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
I can remember doing a full rebuild of my XL250SA when i'd bought it for £50 from a friend. The main problem with it was that it was in a box of bits, some of which had been lost over the years. It ended up looking good, & the missus took a shine to it as well...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not going to even try and track down every original part to do a full restoration, as long as it is neat and tidy and lasts another 30+ years I won't grumble :p
hi there i have got a 1980 xl250s and i also have lots and lots of spares for it email me if you need anything as i am going to sell the bike soon thanks robert

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good luck, just doing a 250s 78 myself and loving it. I'm doing a full nut and bolt job, first time at atempting any thing like this (wanted to do somthing like this for years). Keep us updated on the progress. Are you sticking the 23" wheel on?

Brian:thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck, just doing a 250s 78 myself and loving it. I'm doing a full nut and bolt job, first time at atempting any thing like this (wanted to do somthing like this for years). Keep us updated on the progress. Are you sticking the 23" wheel on?

Brian:thumbup:
I wanted to keep the 23" wheel but the tyre is a few years old and not sure if I should really run with it but trying to get a replacement looks a bit expensive and I haven't found any UK suppliers, a few in the USA but the postage costs is just plain daft. Let me know if you find one, as far as I can tell the Bridgestone TW9 is discontinued, the ones from the USA are made by Cheng Shin (C183D)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wanted to keep the 23" wheel but the tyre is a few years old and not sure if I should really run with it but trying to get a replacement looks a bit expensive and I haven't found any UK suppliers, a few in the USA but the postage costs is just plain daft. Let me know if you find one, as far as I can tell the Bridgestone TW9 is discontinued, the ones from the USA are made by Cheng Shin (C183D)
Hi, i brought one of these, seems ok and good delivery times.
Tyres 3.00 23

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very nice start to the project Mr Lagerlout, you have almost caught me up already (copy cat on the black wheels front by the way:p) just bought this little stonker.

Thats a ver tasty looking bike, from the pics i can see, she looks mint.
Completly right, i did copy the wheels from yours, thought they looked the biz, and i dont regret it, looks great on photos but awsome in the flesh. :thumbleft:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts