Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not used my TA700 since last November (lots of excuses)
Last night I started it up (first time) checked tyre pressures/oil/lights etc and took it for petrol.
I had planned to take it for a decent run at weekend prior to commuting but decided just to start re-using it today.
No issues at all.
I plan to give it a good clean at weekend as it will likely be traded in for something else in next 2 months. I generally only keep a bike for a couple of years and then change.

I will no doubt put another 1000miles on bike before then.

SMcG in sunny Glasgow

·
Registered
82 Posts
Stephen, hopefully you trade it for something as reliable : I have been working most Tue nights recently so haven't managed to catch you guys at the Castlecary yet but will hopefully soon as my work commitments are slowing down. I got my bike back last week with new tyres and spokes so just been scrubbing the tyres in... really impressed with the BT45's

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just got my '94 Alp out of 9 months hibernation...Started second time.... :)

I'm in Coatbridge, my bike will also be getting sold very soon, I don't get time to use it any more, (only 5 miles since last MOT !) so if you know of anyone in the area looking for a nice first bike, gimme a shout ! 07771 911 026

Cheers
Gerry

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took Suzuki Gladius 650 for a decent test run today.
It might not be everyones cup of tea but it is some bike for the money (just over £5K)
I went to Honda just for a look and was disappointed with the range.
It looks so dated, the best 2 looking were the TA700 (fancy paint job) and CB1000R (around £9K)
The DV700 is over £8K - I was gobsmacked at this price hike.
I also tested the new Versys 650, it was a bit of a climb to get on.
I will not be pursuing this one as there was not enough difference from TA700 in my mind.

The indicated trade-in for my 08 bike was £3800 against the Versys
I am looking for £4000ish
I did not ask for trade-in price from Suzuki until I am ready to deal.

I do not think I will be far from my price.

I will update this post as I progress.
Both our kids are getting married shortly (one in July)
I will have to get bike in May or I will get vetoed.

SMcG in Glasgow

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stephen, hopefully you trade it for something as reliable : I have been working most Tue nights recently so haven't managed to catch you guys at the Castlecary yet but will hopefully soon as my work commitments are slowing down. I got my bike back last week with new tyres and spokes so just been scrubbing the tyres in... really impressed with the BT45's
Big Mac
I am planning to go this Tuesday 4th
We are normally in the bar at front of hotel but last time there were many diners so we were through in bar at back.
I probably will not be on bike as I am taking it down to Ayr for trade-in valuation and I want to keep mileage under 13K (if possible).
PS
when our son went to America many years ago for summer job, he took a kilt.
I told him if any girls ask him what tartan it is say McDonalds
There is a big mac under it
Sorry for that
SMcG

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I have a new bike by then (Suzuki Gladius looking favourite) I will be on it.
I do not go to Northwest 200 but many of our group have an annual pilgrimage (spelling) so they will be back on the Monday with no doubt stories to tell.
SMcG

·
Registered
417 Posts
If I have a new bike by then (Suzuki Gladius looking favourite) I will be on it.
I do not go to Northwest 200 but many of our group have an annual pilgrimage (spelling) so they will be back on the Monday with no doubt stories to tell.
SMcG
Heading in that direction myself next wedensday :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts