Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just fitted all d wiring to my starter solenoid..
Its working done...but confuse to connect the 30A fuse...
base on pic below, anybody can tell me how should i connect the fuse 'leg' ? any diagram?
mine is AT RD04 year 92...

now my AT starter relay is running without fuse...
any problem would happen later?
pls advice.... tq

·
Registered
262 Posts
i dont really understand the question, but.....if that 30A main fuse is out your bike should not be running?!!that is the main fuse in the bike, and you should have no power at all if it is out. this might sound silly, but check under the rubber cover of the switch box. that is a slot for the spare fuse only, not for the active one. the active fuse is the top one behind the connector pins as seen on the photo. the fuse just push into the two female connectors. push it in and and out a few times just to make sure the connection is good.
take some picks of yours and maybe we can see what you mean?
cheers:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I don't understand the question either...but you need a fuse my friend (30 amp) or if a short circuit should happen you will have a huge smoke show causing much damage to the wiring and components. See diagram of the
starter relay and main fuse.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
To GSPD750 & desertjoe;

Thanx for the advice n diagram...
FYI, my starter working already....
I made a mistake by connecting the 30A female connector to both side B & M.. when running, my bike had no power as mentioned by desertjoe...

After connecting both female connector to B, my bike running as usual...

TQ TQ n TQ!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

*one more question, if i dont want to use 30A but jus using 25A fuse, whats d problem later? im not using 12H battery, but using only 9ah battery... just trial n error hehehhe :p

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
*one more question, if i dont want to use 30A but jus using 25A fuse, whats d problem later? im not using 12H battery, but using only 9ah battery... just trial n error hehehhe :p
The only problem I can think of is if the circuit needs more power it will keep blowing the fuse.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only problem I can think of is if the circuit needs more power it will keep blowing the fuse.
I used it for 80km, speedo 100km/h n nothing happened to my fuse, bike still keep on running.... so, no problem with 9ah battery...:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts