Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eldest has just turned 11. At her birthday party with her school mates, one of her friends left her brand new super dooper whizy something or other mobile phone down on a table, remembered it a second later, turned around and it was gone :(

It could only have been another kid her age, or one of the so called adults that was around the place with their younger kids.

The little girl was distraught. I wont comment here on why the heck parents give in to kids that young having such expensive phones - thats a different debate - she didnt want to go home coz she thought her mum and dad would kill her :shock:

We felt terrible too - kinda like we were responsible somehow.

Ruined the day for the little kid, and upset my daughter on her birthday into the bargin.

Sad really.

But I guess that's just the world we live in now, that even at a kids birthday party you can be a victim of theft of the most dispicable kind. :(

·
Registered
209 Posts
My eldest has just turned 11. At her birthday party with her school mates, one of her friends left her brand new super dooper whizy something or other mobile phone down on a table, remembered it a second later, turned around and it was gone :(

It could only have been another kid her age, or one of the so called adults that was around the place with their younger kids.

The little girl was distraught. I wont comment here on why the heck parents give in to kids that young having such expensive phones - thats a different debate - she didnt want to go home coz she thought her mum and dad would kill her :shock:

Ruined the day for the little kid, and upset my daughter on her birthday into the bargin.

Sad really.

But I guess that's just the world we live in now, that even at a kids birthday party you can be a victim of theft of the most dispicable kind. :(
Feel for ya..

Mrs Chunk works in custody in Poole for the police and you wouldn't believe how obnoxious some drunk 10 year olds can be.

Pity she didn't phone it there and then. Might have caught the sod..:angryfire:

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
did you not try ringing the mobile number !!

:(:(

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts

only works if the little scrote dont turn it off:( parents who get their kids things like this are asking for trouble:rolleyes:and its an invite for their kids to have grief:(:(:(:(:(

aye it can sometimes be a ****ty world we live in:(:(:(

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

We thought of that straight away and I rallied a couple of parents to ''listen'' for a tone, standing in different spots - trouble was it was a brand new phone and the girl had to rummage in her stuff to find the number - loosing us about 5 mins. When we did ring, it went straight to answer machine so the scrote was smart enough to switch it off straight away !!

Just advised the mum when we got her home to report it, and inform the mobile company to lock it off the network. No consolation to the little girl though. Oh well ..... 99 per cent of people, the world over, are genuine and great - there's always those that are naer do wells, but when you're confronted with it at a little childs birthday party it's gawling !!!

I'm just old fashioned I suppose and dont want my kids or anyone else's having these ''grown up'' experiences - though I know they have to at some stage - all part of lifes rich tapestry I suppose .....

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
We thought of that straight away and I rallied a couple of parents to ''listen'' for a tone, standing in different spots - trouble was it was a brand new phone and the girl had to rummage in her stuff to find the number - loosing us about 5 mins. When we did ring, it went straight to answer machine so the scrote was smart enough to switch it off straight away !!

Just advised the mum when we got her home to report it, and inform the mobile company to lock it off the network. No consolation to the little girl though. Oh well ..... 99 per cent of people, the world over, are genuine and great - there's always those that are naer do wells, but when you're confronted with it at a little childs birthday party it's gawling !!!

I'm just old fashioned I suppose and dont want my kids or anyone else's having these ''grown up'' experiences - though I know they have to at some stage - all part of lifes rich tapestry I suppose .....
thieving little sh**s get younger every year :mad:
would like to think it's just a prank and the phone will be returned to her but i doubt it

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts

Sad really.

words fail me... I think we need a systematic program of euthanasia!

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Carnt believe that :mad:

Sad times we live in :(

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Problem 1 - a thieving little sh1t.

Problem 2 - buying an 11 year old a mobile phone.

As Al Murray says: "This country's in so much trouble......"

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
:( I remember getting a few pokemon card's nicked when i was about 7, that was bad enough let alone a new mobile phone!

Mind you i wouldn't be suprised if some of the kids in my old school wernt bred to steal from the start!

It's a sad stat of affairs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts