Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a steering stabilizer on an RD03 or RD07? I've used Scotts on other bikes but the say they don't have a kit for the Euro AT. My RD03 feels skittish in the dirt and I'd like to dampen it a bit. Somebody across the pond must have made something for these bikes.
TIA

·
Registered
243 Posts
Scotts Performance Products

Probably best for you to call them to discuss... using the part numbers I quoted in my link yesterday.

This is a link to the DR650 kit Scotts Performance Products which is basically the same (if not identical) kit I purchased from Scotts. I didn't use the spacers shown in the photo and used my own bolts (shorter).

Scotts don't sell a plug and play kit for the XRV.

Installation notes:
1. The base plate shown in the DR650 link (with 5 holes in a line) goes under the steering stem nut. It has to be fixed stationary so it can't rotate. On my first XRV, I drilled a small hole in the top triple and used a spring pin through the small hole in the base plate into the top triple. On my second XRV, no drilling, I used 3M VHB double sided tape instead. It's worked OK so far.

2. The tower mount, which you weld or fix to the frame, will need to be trimmed down to match the link arm height coming off the the underside of the steering damper. Compare my installation photo of the tower mount with the website DR650 kit photo - mine has been shortened from both top and bottom.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts