Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been to the Stella a few times now but gave it a miss last year as 1; Lack of info of whether the event would still be on following the closure of the pass to vehicles and 2; I went to Jaqueslemac's trip to France in June for my main holiday last year.

Ok, I'm planning on going back to the Stella this year with Fiona, one of my mates and his wife, I know the BTBC have 14 people signed up for it so I take it it will be on? Has anyone any info on the event from last year?

If anyone fancies coming along I'm taking two weeks from 05/07 or 06/07 there and back, sailing from Newcastle to Ijmiuden. I've not made any arrangements yet as I'm still planning just now. We could meet up anywhere, either in the UK or mainland Europe.

Any info would be handy please.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Got no info to offer:(
but
make sure you stop over at mine there and back.We got always a bit of space for you and friends;)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Vader, I'll do my best to try and visit you sir.

Well, due to the obvious lack of information on the Stella Alpina rally, one which has been attended by many from this forum, I will take it upon myself to ride down there and return with a comprehensive report for the XRV.org.uk website!
This Iconic rally seems to have fell by the wayside and needs to be dragged into the limelight again.

It's quite a task but someone has to do it! If anyone wants to join in or meet up on the way let me know. My plan is to sail from Newcastle, (I'm sure they'll not mistake me for a monkey!) sail to Ijmiuden in Holland, cross to Germany for a beer in Koblenz, down the Rhine and on to Switzerland, from there to the Col De Iseran and the Col De Mont Cenise to Bardonnechia. Back home across France and Belgium back to Holland.

As said, all's welcome, trip of a lifetime. My mate Eric and his missus Jean are coming along with Fiona and myself so should be a hoot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts