Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 24617
The start of the 2013 moobs trip had us heading for the dutch border to load the bikes on the train to Koper in Slovenia.

image.jpg
G&Ts anyone? a trip overnight through the Rhineland followed. The train was fun and reasonably spacious. We had a meal booked although we were ripped off with the drinks.

image.jpg
A sneaky *** break in BMW country.

image.jpg
Straight into Slovenia and our first dirt road. People very friendly and we stayed a night in Kobarid.

image.jpg
Bob got very drunk!

image.jpg
The Loch Ness Deano!

image.jpg
image.jpg
Off to t
Cortina D,Ampezzo in the Italian Dolomites for 3 nights. It did not disapoint.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Bit of rain at night but sunny days. We then left but the forcast for the .stelvio area was bad thunderstorms so we headed down to Lake Como and the Guzzi factory next. after being caught in the mother of all storms a local on a scooter came to our rescue whilst we sheltered in a road tunnel and led us to camping Spiaggia near Mandello de Lario where we had a couple of bungalows for 2 nights on the lakeshore. The locals were great and the bar kept us fed with free nibbles coz we were there best customers!

image.jpg image.jpg
another good dirt road find in the hills
image.jpg
Guzzi factory visit was fun and worthwhile. then we moved across to Bardo for the Stella weekend. We had a great evening ride along the Assieta with clouds swirling around a sinking sun.
image.jpg
Stayed at the Bokki campsite on Fri night...don,t bother! 17euros for a field well away from the facilities was poor value. Sat we booked into the Gran baita hotel which was much better.

image.jpg
A cracking Sat up Jafferau followed by a small mistake!
image.jpg
Sun morning broke and up the Stella for number 10 for me
image.jpg image.jpg
Afternoon we set off for home and dreaming of the next trip!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Cheers Tony and the other Moobs

Looks like you had a great time again

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Great trip with a great crowd....what more could you want? :cyclops:

Jealous in a good way...:)

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
A nice crossing on the ferry to Dunkerque saw us heading for a Hotel in Holland, next morning we sampled the breakfast in a dutch truck stop...

We boarded the train eventually and found our 'couchette', look at this, what a fine body of men :toothy3:

The train rolled on through day and night and we slept quite well all things considered...

and so we arrived in Slovenia, there was a bit of a faff in getting the vehicles off when they realised that the ramp didn't fit but it was soon modified and we were on our way

and soon found some nice trails

We found a nice campsite in Korabid and went for a walk down the gorge

Next day it was off to Italy via Lago di Sauris

and then we found a nice steady trail to take us on our way to Cortina

camping in Cortina

The next three days were spent enjoying the roads in the Dolomites.

Passo di Giau......

Passo di San Baldo

Valle del Mis

and then onto Lake Como which was not on our original plan but turned out to be great (apart from getting drenched as we approached it)

This was the beach right next to our campsite, we had a great laugh when we went swimming there

We found a couple of trails up above the lake including this dead-end...

and then we visited the Moto Guzzi factory which was very interesting

I want a go on this one :happy7:

What's all this? shouldn't it be one of those bl88dy unreliable KTM's breaking down :rolleyes:

and them we left Lake Como via the ferry at Menaggio to head for Bardonecchia

The less said about the camping Bokki the better, because of where they put us we never got to meet Africa Jim, Hudders or any of the other XRVers, anyway you wont catch any of us going there again. We set off to ride the Assietta on Friday evening not quite sure what the weather was going to do but apart from some low cloud and mist we had a great time and got back to our tents about 22.30 :D

The next day we took a ride up the Jaffrau in superb weather

there was still some snow about

and then Sunday was the Stella Alpina rally, we didn't get to the top of the col this year as the snow stopped us but it was still a great ride

So that was it for another year, on the way home Steve and I rode over the Col de Galibier

and rode some French trails

and of course no 'Moobs' trip would be complete without an overnight stay in a Formula 1 :cyclops:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Looks great, I'm jealous! (About the trip, not of the moobs, you understand.)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Excellent ride report and pictures. What problems did the bikes have on the trip?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alas my battery died. I did think of changing it before I left due to its age rather than causing problems. Little car place in Cortina sorted me one next day delivery. Couple of days later it was just a loose terminal causing poor running. Need to get the multimeter on it to check the rectifier/regulator.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Looks like the Moobs had a great time again not jealous at all honest :D

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Looks like the Moobs had a great time again not jealous at all honest :D
We did the Assietta this time Fred (without the risk of getting a fine) as we rode it after 17.00hrs, you would have really enjoyed that :happy6:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Simply Beautiful, thanks for posting Lads :thumbright:.
(Bought my ferry Ticket, but just did not round to making the Trip, hey ho)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Looks like you guys nailed it and nice RR :thumbup:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Great report and pictures, thanks for sharing :thumbup: glad you had a good ride.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice pics and write up too Bob

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
We did the Assietta this time Fred (without the risk of getting a fine) as we rode it after 17.00hrs, you would have really enjoyed that :happy6:
That's it Bob you rub it in :D :thumbup:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Well done Moobs :thumbright::thumbright:
Fabulous photos, looks like my kinda adventure ;):D:D

Thanks for posting guys

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
image.jpg