Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I buy one ?
Sold my Varadero only because I want a change and Im after a bike with a bit of charactor

Ian:(

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yes, had mine since 2009, now fully sorted........go for as late a model as possible, check the recalls have been done (more so on very early models)

Big bike, returns 45 mpg better with warmer weather, try to gte the NTX version with the narrow rear wheel, gives better tyre options.

The current new models have the 32l tank compared to a miserly 18l on the first ones - that really the only niggle for me (160/180 mile range)

Have a look on GuzziTech.com Forum - Stelvio Chat & Tech for lots of info

Somewhere in Austria last year
IMAG0282.jpg

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks campagman for your reply,
What sort of issues have you had with yours, & I to was in Austria last year,
Thanks,
Ian:p

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes go for it :thumbup:
I really like them, I just can't afford one!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks campagman for your reply,
What sort of issues have you had with yours, & I to was in Austria last year,
Thanks,
Ian:p
Speed sensor - water ingress, seal with silicone
Oil leak on crankseal - eventually repaid by dealer (subject to tech bulletin from MG)
Electrics to the fuel pump - connector failed (in Austria) - traced eventually to the wiring on the 4 way Amp plug
Cams - warranty fix (all early ones)
Fork leg axle casting cracked across the pinch bolts - post warranty but foixed FOC by MG

Poor fueling - eventually went for PCV5 and a reflashed ECU:D, made it like a new bike

Sounds bad.............but its a very good way to get to know your bike and to learn not to buy a new model in it first 18 months or so. Wait and get all the niggles sorted. So go for 10 plate and check its history with MG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts