Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from work tonight my clutch started slipping, next time i changed gear the slipping stopped, i worked out that it wasn't releasing properly, its not the cable as thats new and operating freely. When i got home i played about with it a bit, repeatedly pulling the leaver in and out. Then the leaver offered more resistance than normal and the clutch is barely releasing at all making the bike un driveable. It has worked perfectly well up until this point. Any ideas pointing to the problem would be appreciated, also the bike is long overdue an oil and filter change, not sure if some ****e is preventing it fom releasing

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Be absolutely certain it's not the cable before you do anything else. I suppose you should disconnect it at both ends to see if it runs freely. If it does then also check the levers at both ends. Try on oil change, but seems unlikely to be that.

Otherwise I can't help more than suggest a new clutch - which if it's like most other bikes shouldn't be too expensive or to difficult to do.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After work tonight i took the sprocket cover off and inspected the verticle torque shaft, it was completely dried out and almost siezed. So i stripped it and cleaned and greased it up before re-assembling, now the operation of the clutch is as slick as an American coastline :D, problem solved.
Thanks for all advice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts