Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now ive got your attention .... ive got a new Enduro helmet never worn but the shell has gone all sticky :lol:

Its almost like sticker glue but the whole helmet is covered ... ive tried white vinegar pledge polish and brake cleaner ... you can remove it with your nail then rub like fook with polish then in the end it will come good but what a pain in the arse ...

So what you u lot recon ?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
God be with the days when I had such complaints ah yes I was a bit of a ladies man back in my day I fathered children in every county and was chased out of a lot of hay barns by angry shot gun wielding fathers demanding I wed their pregnant daughter fine job I was able to out run their morris minor car on my mighty Honda cd 175 these days I sit down to pee to keep my shoes and the bathroom floor urine free . I draw all the curtains make sure the place is all locked up and there is enough of a fire down before I hit off to bed at 6 pm . sorry this isn't much help to you but I like to reminisce about happier times when I was young a tearaway having the time of Reily we had **** all but we were happy .

·
Registered
268 Posts
Awesome reply old lad but sorry that answer wont get my sticky helmet clean :D:thumbup:
the science of adhesives is a complicated business, so I won't go into detail....but rather than using a harsh solvent (acetone based) which could damage the surface finish, try an oil, fat or silicone based cleaner....depends on the composition of the sticky substance. White spirit almond oil, peanut butter...WD 40?

Isopropyl alcohol usually shifts commercial 'label' type glues and residue and it's not as harsh as preptone.
Buy a big bottle off fleabay, 'cos it comes in for all sorts of other jobs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts