Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although aimed at cycle helmets at the moment I wonder if this development could make it's way to motorcycle helmets too. Designed to warn riders when the helmet needs replacement, due to damage, or age.

In future, they will start to smell distinctively if they need to be replaced. A new process causes odoriferous oils to exude from plastic materials if they are cracked.
Crash helmet with a useful smell

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
That is a good idea.
The only problem would be what smell to have it produce if it was of a smell that could be generated by bodily functions it could cause a few problems.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That is a good idea.
The only problem would be what smell to have it produce if it was of a smell that could be generated by bodily functions it could cause a few problems.

That would mean the helmet I use on my mountain and road bike would need changed after every run, if its a dry day I have to hang it outside after use. SWMBO objects to rank sweaty smell , some women eh!

What about replacing them after a bang , could some people ignore this as it did not stink yet? Also what about effects storage , in your garage in Aberdeen nice and cool , in your conservatory in Surrey ? Will one stink quicker although same age / condition??

And a helmet tip , dont do what SWMBO did and take the bike to work then place helmet besidea heater > they melt , even if a few days old :clown::clown:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts