Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted on behalf of Burak. Please spread the word about.

Hi guys,

I know Africa Twin owners are sensing when a XRV750 is around, so if anybody in
the UK should see my bike that got stolen on 14/09/2005 please call Cambridge
police 0845 456 456 4 or me at 0041-78-601 54 36 or email me at
Burak.Emir(at)epfl.ch . It has a Swiss plate VD 96144.

It has black crash bars and a bridge for cases in the back. Any help
appreciated.

Thanks,
Burak

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Dave!

Here's an update: the frame no is RD073100859 and the engine no is 3400859. It was stolen two weeks ago from cambridge UK.

It should be very easy to recognize: since I mounted the black metal bridge for the cases, the shiny metal thing that you'd find on any other AT which protects one from the exhaust is not there. Well then the beauty of the bike should be apparent from the picture.

If you see anything please report it to your local police or cambridge police 0845 456 456 4.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
And again an update!

You won't believe it, Cambridge police found my bike two months after. Apparently, some guy tried to break into a house, they could not catch him but found his vehicle and it turned out to be mine.

It was transported back home to Switzerland which thanks to my TCS-ETI insurance didnot cost me a bit (I don't want to advertise them, but this travel insurance really paid off I would say). However, there were some repairs to be done, one of those plastic things holding the windshield broken, the tank lid forced out, the lock of course forced out.

But boy was I happy to get her back. Lesson: use a good lock.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
wow a happy ending at last nice one :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's totally fantastic.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Good to see you got it back in reasonable order,your bike which is the twin of mine seemed to be in great condition before being stolen.

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Glad you got it back mate, did you have any anti-theft devices fitted when it disappeared? Anyone have any thoughts on what might be the best form of theft deterrents?
They should bring back flogging for bike theft.

·
17,680 Posts
YER A REALLY ANGRY PITBULL WITH AIDS IN THE TOPBOX :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Damn, only short of two things then, the top box and the pitbull, would a supermarket basket and mini pinscher(with fleas) do instead?!

·
17,680 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Chad said:
wow a happy ending at last nice one :D :D :D :D
No so nice for the nice mr plod... :wink:

It goes like this....

Friend buys gsxr 750 last week and fortunately a ground anchor and f'kin big chain.

Toe rag sees bike being put in garage..

Toe rag proceeds to beak into garage less than 10hrs after purchase and try to steel bike, but gets tools instead

Police wake up friend to inform him his garage is open in the early hours and on inspection find large set of croppers.

Toe rag assaults plod earlier in the night (smacked over head with said croppers).

Copper that came a cropper identifies thief mug shot and nicks him for assault and attempted robbery..... :lol:

....and mate gets left with scratched bike, no tools and broken garage door :cry: but still has the bike. oh and gets to stand at trial and smile at toe rag when sent to the local B&B.

Not that nice but better than nowt! :D

·
17,680 Posts
toerag should be locked in a dark room with said freind and the big croppers to take off pinkies one at a time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
:shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
always learning!
33 Posts
:D toerag must be some kind of inbred pikey :evil: lets hope he gets his comeuppance! :twisted:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts