Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:evil: :evil: DAMN THOSE THIEVING [email protected] :evil: :evil:

Came out of work tonight and my baby has gone. :( Taken from under the noses of some seemingly very tight security at the British Airways building, Waterside, near the new Terminal 5 at Heathrow. It was locked up, and in a glass bike shelter literallt 15 metres line-of-sight from 2 guys in a security booth. The place is bristling with CCTV so I'm gonna try and get eyes on that myself later.

Please keep an eye out for a Black, Silver and Gold XRV750v registration number P947 UMR wearing TKC 80s.

It was fitted with a matching Baglux tank cover, some Crash Bars (high ones also covering the plastics), pannier racks and a Honda Top Box covered in stickers from last years big trip. Right hand side bash plate mount (as you face the nose) is broken, and left hand fairing panel is cracked.

Also had a tall, dark touring screen with a Scottish flag sticker (covering a small X shaped crack), and a 12v socket fitted to the side of the idiot lights. There's a centre stand fitted and the foot on the sidestand is broken off. The fuel tap is a home made one and not the OEM Honda one made of chocolate.

Needless to say I'm gutted. Not just because I spent £334 getting it through its MOT 3 weeks ago, but because it's the bike that carried me 11,000 miles around Europe and North Africa last summer.

Any sightings, please contact me on 07748 598 880. Meantime I'm off to drink beer and look on Ebay for a Sniper Rifle.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sorry to hear that Rob
I was looking at the photos of your trip just yesterday and thinking what a cool journey you had.
Hope it turns up soon.

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Aw, f*ck, it's a bleedin' epidemic.

When you're looking for the rifle, keep an eye open for black AT's.

Hope you get her back, in one piece, sooner rather than later.

Good luck

-Simon

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
I'm so sorry Rob I know just what it feels like.
Most bikes turn up at some point so fingers crossed.

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
As Victor Meldrew would say - I dont belieeeeve etttt. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bloody hell, not another one :(

Gutted for you. May I suggest we keep an eye out on Flea Bay for possible stolen parts ???

I'm sure these bikes are being nicked for spare parts.

BASTARDS

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Robster

Sorry to hear your news mate. This is becoming far too common, and my worry is that once again, it is low life toerag yooofs, who need something to tear across local playing fields with.

Have a look around the areas where these scumbags could take it, local to where it went missing in the evening, and I hope you are lucky.

All this recent undesired attention to AT's has prompted me to take a large chain to Spain with me tomorrow morning, something I've never used on an AT ever.

May the B'stards that stole it, fall off and really f'kin hurt themselves big time!!!

Good Luck Mate

Bobster

·
Registered
39 Posts
sorry to hear of your bad luck Robster, these bastards must have a outlet for ATs lets hope the cops get lucky

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Found this on the web on some oldy worldy site : :)

Thieves
"Thieves that are saved by their books and clergy, for the first offense, if they have stolen nothing else but oxen, sheep, money, or such like, which be no open robberies . . . are burned in the left hand, upon the brawn of the thumb with an hot iron, so that if they be apprehended again, that mark rate them to have been arraigned of felony before, whereby they are sure at that time to have no mercy." :D

Hope the bike turns up.

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Sorry to hear your news mate, what is it with At's being nicked over there? Killing's too good for these sh*theads, a set of live jump leads attached to their bollacks that's what they need...... Hope you find it soon.

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the words of solidarity brothers!

I'm just really gutted. In all honesty I'd been toying with the idea of parting company with my @ for the last month or so and it was literally only Monday just gone that I decided I would keep her. More than anything for sentimental reasons.

I concur fully. To the (no doubt) Pikey [email protected]*kers that took away my daily transport, my weekend fun, my holidays and my hobby...
"Fall off and die!" :evil:

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Sorry about your loss Rob and hope the feckers get what they deserve as times goes on. Hopefully your bike will be recovered and still intact. It's just very strange how the AT's have all of the sudden grown in popularity with the thieving bastard lowlife shite eating mofu s :cussing:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: i just cant find the words for this its getting totally [email protected] silly . i hope you get it back mate these bastards will get it someday its just got to happen :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

in the meantime i will acheive target lock on any black @s and closly inspect :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sorry to hear the news mate :cry: , i'll keep my eyes open for it whilst i'm driving my cab, I'll tell some of my cabbie biker mates. You never know what might turn up!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
For f*cks sake. :evil:

Sorry to hear about this - I don't know what I'd find harder, the money or sentimental side of things. :(

Hope it turns up in one piece.

A

·
0 Posts
B8ST*RDS!! :cussing:

Where has the respect to other people's stuff gone??? I hope they cut off one of their hands if they catch'em.

Hope you get it back mate!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Rob, this is terrible news i am very sorry mate i really feel for you.

This seems to be getting all too common and has got me thinking, i am positive that the Banks, manufacturers and insurance companies are quite happy with epidemic thefts becuase the Insurance companies pay out but immediatly raise premiums which increases turnover and therefore profit margins. The banks get nice new loan business as most people take there insurance settelment and add it to a loan for a new bike, the manufacturers sell another unit and the lawyers have lots of work defending the shit that stole the bike in the first place. I am positive this is a major reason why property theft is all but ignored by the Police.

It seems to me in this country that the richest 5% are making out lke bandits and the bottom 5% are also making out like bandits on welfare cheques and stealing. the rest of us the other 90% in the middle are being well screwed.

Does it seem fair?

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Can't see it making it up to Cheshire, but I'll keep an eye out on my daily run through :(

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
However, on a positive note, I did manage to cancel the chain and sprox set I ordered the other day from Busters! That arriving in the post may just have pushed me over the edge!

No sightings reported as yet on the CCTV...apparently they're still looking, but it's the old story of "not all the cameras are on or recording all the time".

Cock.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts