Honda XRV Forum banner
2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  quarryman 
#1 ·
Well I must say I'm shocked. Or perhaps surprised. And pleasantly so for once.

It's not been a month yet since my beloved and well travelled Twin vanished from outside work, and yesterday the Insurance paid out! I was expecting a 3 month wait and dozens of arguments on the phone, but no. Not this time.

And not only did they pay out, but they've actually paid out £350 more than I had it insured for! Which was nice. Dont quite know how that works, but I'm not going to argue with them. I was all prepared with a list of similar bikes off Biketrader for arguement purposes yesterday when I called them, but I didnt need it!

Makes me think now I could've argued the point and got a bit more out of them, but I'm one for the easy life and was a bit taken aback by what they had offered first off!

So, there we are. All done and dusted. Must say I'm loving the Vara, entirely different kettle of fish, but very sexy nonetheless. Whoever said they were ugly?! Tsk!

Looking through Biketrader online yesterday, there were only about a dozen Twins for sale in the whole of the UK. These bikes are clearly sought after (as if the recent spate of thefts wasn't enough proof) so chaps...LOCK 'EM UP GOOD!

Will have a bit of a (virtual) garage sale shortly once I've got myself organised, I've got a load of bits and pieces for the AT that are no longer of use to me...fairing panel, brake/clutch levers, sparks, maybe my panniers too (sniff), topbox inner bag, tankbags etc etc...so watch this space. 8)

See less See more
#6 ·
can beat that - knocked off in spain 2nd june, BACS payment into my bank for 500 more than insured value 10 days later! Would rather have still been on the trip to be fair, but hey thats life. Maybe the insurance companies do have compassion after all.......

the bike is now ready to back into the jungle too
http://www.xrv.org.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1934

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.