Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
12036962_829231227175710_2731654151623938916_n.jpg Stolen early hours of last thursday 24th September 2015

A blue/white XR 125 L7 in WORCESTER.

LG57 LRK

i never know but the hawk eyed people in XRV might just see this somewhere on their travels....

Please see pic. Crime/incident number is :22CA 68737N CN 15,or message me here Please

is there a more effective place to post this topic in another part of the forum,please?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate .This has never happened to me before,but I know the taking of machines of all shapes and sizes are happening at an astonishing rate,and has always been high.
Bikes are somehow classed as 'unimportant' when it comes to 'loosing' them,as far as the authorities see it,imo.
The Officer who was 'allocated' to this incident was actually going on 4 days leave,beginning the next day!?!..
I asked them who would be taking over in the meantime,and who should I speak to if I had any additional info
'No one, you must wait until they return,as it is 'their' case' was the 101 reply!
Most of these machines are taken from almost anywhere,even those with 'sophisticated' security measures ,which is a worrying trend,especially with bikes being so low down the priority list.Why is this,and is it really giving the Green Light to the gangs who do this for a living,or maybe on the side? It does seem so,doesn't it? And if the Law seem so powerless,isnt it time for teams of dedicated bikers to get busy,within the law of course,and try and take them back, preferably in one piece (the bikes I mean) and to look after 'their' areas overnight,like a 'Neighbourhood Watch' on two wheels
To each that have their bikes taken away,not one is more important than another due to size cost etc..It doesnt matter.You are equally 'gutted' when it happens to you as it is to me,and you even feel for all the other's that are going on
It's not too dissimilar a feeling to losing a relative or a good friend,but can seem like ten times WORSE for some.All that hard work and dreams of a lifetime invested into a project that can literally disappear before your eyes,is a heavy heavy load to bare and until it happens to you,it's hard to explain.Violated,vulnerable and victimized all spring to mind,a terrible thing.
Where the hell are these bikes going,and in this day and age,why is Bike Theft on the rise? Who ,or what system is working for them and not for you and me ? Why is it still so easy?
In this day and age,it should be virtually impossible to even contemplate stealing a bike,let alone carrying the dodgy deed out,surely?

Hope we can stop this effectively some day,and that everyone is re-united with theirs ASAP

Cheers

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Sorry about the loss of your bike.
I have just bought my son his first bike for the road and I can imagine how I would feel if some thieving scumbag had it away.
I hope it gets returned to you soon.:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts