Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Photographicsafaris
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
24-01-2009

BLUE YAMAHA TENERE 1987 model

Some F***ing Pikeys stole my beloved (and over insurred) bike tonight at 20:45-21:00 hrs whilst I was in my house

The rear number plate was less than 3 inches from my front door (I had the battery on trickle charge)

So if you come across any 2nd hand parts for a 1VJ please post it here and send me a message as well.

As this bike has given me some great memories and was set to become a TravelBug itself (geocaching - anorak type game) I am particularly nauseated.

Its a Blue 23 liter'd model, yellow fork gaiters, Tank had some hastily done paint retouching. rack on the back, and a Garmin Etrex GPS mount on the handle bars.

Bastards bastards bastards.

On the bright side the Front sprocket was welded to the output shaft, and the rear wheel adjusters were on the last but one setting. He he he.
So it would have had to have been stripped for spares and even that would have meant extra effort, so will probably be dumped somewhere.

Interestingly I had a Maiko bend set of handle bars which resulted in a higher than normal set of handle bars and was a joy to ride, either standing up, or seated.

Absolutely gutted, hope that the Pikey trash bastards come a cropper.

Oh well left looking to fill a vacant hole, any suggestions?

Thanks Graham

G

·
sorry to hear that....

just a couple of things... you location shows as kent... where abouts?

might be worth having a look around your local park / footpaths to see if it has been ragged and dumped....

·
Photographicsafaris
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Over 2 weeks down the line not a thing, waiting "patiently" for the insurance company to tell me how much the bike is valued at and once they've taken off the excess for making the claim.... it will probably cost me £50!!!

If its worth anything I took out my insurance through Devitt as fully comprehensive for both my bikes.
They allocated it through Hastings (also something about red star) The Insurance company Hastings have been absolutely useless. I have yet (17 days) to receive a call from them.
Their call centre were unable to register the claim, and Devitt sent through the claim fax twice, yet it was never received. I finally managed to get the claim registered myself and I have yet to receive any response.

So as soon as this is all settled I am stopping my insurance with them and moving it across to someone else.

Search:http://www.defaqto.com/products/insurance/motor/motorcycle/compare
The only independent comparison website and you will see that EBIKE offers the best insurance... so I will be going with them, once I have clarified Lloyds motor insurance's stance.

Were going headlong into a recession, I strongly encourage everyone to review their insurance, because Theft and crime is set to come alive.

here she is on the way back from her MOT pass. gorgeous !

·
51 Buell X1 & 89 Tenere
292 Posts
Mate , I feel for you, that looks a lovely model as well.

Might I say to everyone, get your bike chipped,

https://www.immobilise.com/view.php?stage=product&category=1&product=2

You can drill a small hole in the frame somewhere 2mm wide drop it in (the RF chip is only the size of a grain of rice) , spotweld/fill the hole, sand off and touch up. It is that simple. I have just got one for the mountain bike and am considering one for my 3AJ after this story.

Sorry this is after the horse has bolted Graham, hope you get her back mate....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts