Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of temperatures could I expect above the radiators, I want to place non essential spares ie Tyre repair set and compressor in the left hand fairing space. I've put it in and there's still space, will they get damaged by the radiated heat or could I interrupt the heat displacement and damage the rads????

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
it cant get that hot because the thin plastic that the inner fairing trim is made out of wouldnt take it, and there are some electrics in there already that cope ok.
i have often thought about cutting the trim in the fork well and making a hinged door out of it with a dzus fastener, and mounting a box in there. it would be a great place to store stuff, much bigger than the 'glove box' on the '07> (although difficult to access while riding!:D:D)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Buy a cheap thermometer and see what temperature it gets up to.:D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not a Honda but I store stuff in my KTM 950 fairing ,spare tubes, built in 12v compressor, small container with wire, fuses nuts and bolts in, my bike gets used mainly off road so it does get very hot and I have never had a problem.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Not a Honda but I store stuff in my KTM 950 fairing ,spare tubes, built in 12v compressor, small container with wire, fuses nuts and bolts in, my bike gets used mainly off road so it does get very hot and I have never had a problem.
its the left hand one we're talking about i assume snaphappy? the right side has some stuff in it, relays and some gubbins i think for the rad fan. the left hand side has a big empty space.
thats about the size of the space in the vara, how are the rads mounted on the KTM though? on the vara they are sideways mounted up into the fairing, which works fine but could have some temperature weirdness going on inside the fairing, but i dont think so. i think the airflow goes from the inside out, otherwise you'd feel the heat in your face and i never have.
its a big but shallow space and i thought about putting one of those document tube things in there, but it would foul the steering you cant have anything wider than it already is.

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its the left hand one we're talking about i assume snaphappy? the right side has some stuff in it, relays and some gubbins i think for the rad fan.
yes the left
but the rhs is empty as well only difference is the rhs rad has a filler cap and I've got my power socket on that side

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
yes the left
but the rhs is empty as well only difference is the rhs rad has a filler cap and I've got my power socket on that side
:confused::confused::confused:
is it? what model do you have? im sure there were some electrical boxes that looked like relays in mine, (VA6) and my rad filler is below the fairing on the right hand side.
or are we talking about different areas?

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
:confused::confused::confused:
is it? what model do you have? im sure there were some electrical boxes that looked like relays in mine, (VA6) and my rad filler is below the fairing on the right hand side.
or are we talking about different areas?

On an ABS bike the front ABS pump / modulator is located in the right hand side. The left side has the ECU but there is still a bit of space in each side.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
aha theres the difference then

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Buy a cheap thermometer and see what temperature it gets up to.:D
What kind of suggestion is that? We're supposed to debate a range of half-baked scientific theories partially remembered from school days, and hand-me-down wisdom from a mate down the pub. In one swell move you've now ensured Snaphappy will have factual evidence to back up his plans.

Please cease and desist from this impirical quackery!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I realise this is in the Vara section, so i might not get any responses, but has anyone stored anything in and around their AT? if so pictures please ! :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes I have ,3 sheets of plasterboard and 1 sheet of plywood,1 mower(with extension lead),sorry no cuddly toy though,:D:D:D:D:D:D

well this is the Varadero section:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts