Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of heading up to Stow on the wold this wednesday evening for a bike meet I have heard about. Has anyone been before, is it worth a trip up from Bristol? Any info happily recieved. Cheers Andy

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Yesterday took a ride into the Cotwolds with my mate on his CB1300 visiting Stow(iced Cream), Bourton on the Water (fish and chips) and Bibury(tea and Cake), cracking day but feel like I might have gained a few pounds ;)

Not been to the bike meet but would be interested to know what you think of it......Its doable from here on an evening ride but perhaps not this week :thumbup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Stimpy,

I'm based up here so I often go to the bike night on Wednesdays. It has been really very busy this year so far. A lot of bikes to look at, some very interesting machines and people! Also, a lot of standard power ranger type people and bikes. Good mix of bikes, but if you want parking close (ish) to the pub, get there early. Could be a lovely ride for you too, I tend to avoid boring motorways and there is a fairly direct route up the A46 then through Cirencester.

For a full listing of the pubs being used this year and more information, have a look at Biker Nites 2012

Maybe see you there!

Mary.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Stimpy,I'm based up here so I often go to the bike night on Wednesdays. It has been really very busy this year so far. A lot of bikes to look at, some very interesting machines and people! Also, a lot of standard power ranger type people and bikes. Good mix of bikes, but if you want parking close (ish) to the pub, get there early. Could be a lovely ride for you too, I tend to avoid boring motorways and there is a fairly direct route up the A46 then through Cirencester.For a full listing of the pubs being used this year and more information, have a look at Biker Nites 2012Maybe see you there!Mary.
Thanks Mary, I did look at the route up and was always going to be 'non motorway' as I can't think of anything more boring! We are thinking about leaving around 5.30pm and I imagine it'll be an hours ride from Bristol. What pub would you recommend, or are there only a couple to choose from anyway? Would be good to say hello! I will be on my RWB At and my mate will be on his red street triple, possibly another mate on his Ducati Hypermotard, so if you see us pop over and say hi! Andy

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
If you like your bike meets with more iron in them try the VMCC Cotswold section gatherings also Wednesday evenings see- VMCC Cotswold: Events 2010
Another local VMCC section South Cotswold meet on Tuesday evenings and as the name suggests meet in the south of Gloucestershire, Severn Vale, Stroud, Cirencester area, no web site though
For meetings from other sections see - The Vintage Motor Cycle Club Limited

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you like your bike meets with more iron in them try the VMCC Cotswold section gatherings also Wednesday evenings see- VMCC Cotswold: Events 2010Another local VMCC section South Cotswold meet on Tuesday evenings and as the name suggests meet in the south of Gloucestershire, Severn Vale, Stroud, Cirencester area, no web site thoughFor meetings from other sections see - The Vintage Motor Cycle Club Limited
Hi Dod, the Bristol section meet at my local community centre a couple of times a month. Don't think the AT is quite old enough yet, and to be honest, it may be a little to flash for the mob I have seen there. Nice guys but a tad more fire in their bellies would be more my thing!!! ;-)

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is a different pub every week Andy, they are fund raisers for the Air Ambulance, but that's not in your face. There is a lady (Steph) who wanders around with a bucket and there is usually a raffle with prizes from local bike shops, the pub we're in etc.

In terms of which ones to go to, several of them are further north, near Evesham or Tewkesbury etc.
I've not been to Morton where it is this week but the area is so lovely, unless it's raining quite badly I'll be going. Due to the TA's poorly rear wheel I'm on my CB500, usually found with my friend Rob, who has a lot of white hair, you won't miss us!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a different pub every week Andy, they are fund raisers for the Air Ambulance, but that's not in your face. There is a lady (Steph) who wanders around with a bucket and there is usually a raffle with prizes from local bike shops, the pub we're in etc.In terms of which ones to go to, several of them are further north, near Evesham or Tewkesbury etc.I've not been to Morton where it is this week but the area is so lovely, unless it's raining quite badly I'll be going. Due to the TA's poorly rear wheel I'm on my CB500, usually found with my friend Rob, who has a lot of white hair, you won't miss us!
So I need to keep an eye out for a woman that looks as though she is with the abominable snowman??? Should be easy enough to spot!!! lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
So I need to keep an eye out for a woman that looks as though she is with the abominable snowman??? Should be easy enough to spot!!! lol
Yes I guess so! Although Rob may be with his partner, Kate, so don't assume that the woman he's with is me! Either way, they're both lovely and if you ask if they are me they'll point you in the right direction :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts