Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I tried to get out a little earlier than needed and I dropped it.
No problems, the crash-bars did their job: protected the plastic, deformed a little to absorb part of the shock.

At the moment the crash-bar on the side where I dropped doesn't have the clearance to the bike: normally is like 10 to 20 mm from the plastic.
Now my question: what would be the best way to straighten them to original position? I have the SW-Motech ones for XL700.
Should I just pull back on them? Should I dismount them? If I dismount them should I use a hammer?

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot guys

·
2,701 Posts
Usually a good pull will get them back.
Otherwise remove and push/pull with hands and feet, or hold in a good big vise and push/pull to shape.
Try to get them so its easy to get all the mounting bolts in.:thumbup:
ps.
leave the hammer in the tool box.

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Hi everyone,

I tried to get out a little earlier than needed and I dropped it.
No problems, the crash-bars did their job: protected the plastic, deformed a little to absorb part of the shock.

At the moment the crash-bar on the side where I dropped doesn't have the clearance to the bike: normally is like 10 to 20 mm from the plastic.
Now my question: what would be the best way to straighten them to original position? I have the SW-Motech ones for XL700.
Should I just pull back on them? Should I dismount them? If I dismount them should I use a hammer?

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot guys

yeah, ignore my sig :)rolleyes:) I'd dismount if it's not too much hassle & put them in a vice in order to push/pull back into shape. This will avoid putting even more stress on the fixing points.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts