Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
due to the impending purchace of pussyhorses RD03 ive had to curb some of the spending on marmite :cry:

i was going to have the wheels reconditioned powder coated hubs and rims with stainless spokes by the devon rim co 8)

but i cant have that and the RD03 so i decided to paint the hubs myself whilst talking to paul the guy that paint my bike and also did richie Bs i mentioned that i wasnt looking forward to getting around to putting masking tape on the spokes and the fact it will be a right asshole to get it off again :twisted:

he says why dont you just buy a length of the washer tubing that cars use for the windscreen washers. split one side wuth a craft knife . cut to the length of the spokes and then pop it over the spokes :shock: so i did and , voila !!! spokes masked off :D :D :D :D :D

and the best bit is once i had finised the front wheel they popped off easy and i just shortend them a bit for the rear wheel :D :D :D :D

i cant even imagine the amount of time saved :D bloody genuis !!! :D :D 8) 8) 8)

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
What an excellent tip mate.

Glad to see that you're having to curb the spending as I was getting very jealous. ;-)
Now if only I could find an old AT, TA or Dom that needs some TLC. :mrgreen:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts