Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this doesn't look so deep but the bike was absolutely trapped. I was on my own and just couldn't free it. Called in a mate and we tried to tow it but didn't shift an inch. Took almost an hour to dig it out. The mud was also full of cow **** to add to the horror. I could've just rode around it.......:color:

·
Carmenxita
12 Posts
I know this doesn't look so deep but the bike was absolutely trapped. I was on my own and just couldn't free it. Called in a mate and we tried to tow it but didn't shift an inch. Took almost an hour to dig it out. The mud was also full of cow **** to add to the horror. I could've just rode around it.......:color:
HA HA HA I know the feeling but i was stuck in quicksand so... it was wayyyyyyyyy more horrible than being stuck in mud.:)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi.

Nice one, been there and done that,

Me and a mate rode up a valley loking for a route, we really should of turned round and gone back, but you know what it's like it will get better soon;) well it didn't, 6 hours of hell, moving around 5-10 yards and stuck again:( I usually look back the day after and think that was hard but good fun, well it was hard but it wasn't fun at all, not going there again:rolleyes:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

I know that feeling aswell last time i did that it was almost at exhaust level and the more i tried to rev it to free it the bigger the vacuum got that was sucking it doem to the ground it took a few of us to pull it out

this was another time it got bogged down

and a mate at the same place

you must have had a hard day the tank look almost out of fuel

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. It's like you say - you rev the nuts off it as you feel it bogging down and then just make it worse. There's a bit of you that knows that but can't accept that it's time to get off and start digging!

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
lay it on its side and pull the bugger out:rolleyes:
Impossible when the mud is holding it upright and won't allow it to lean so that you can put it on it's side as it's so deep in the stuff

·
Registered
318 Posts
Where theres a will theres a way, but only in the ideal world. Dont envy anyone being that stuck, its bloody hard work getting them out I know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts