Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK here is the truth: on conception God decided to keep my bottom very close to the ground. This was done by not giving me real legs just these short hairy stumpy things :(

Need a bit of guidance as to a bike that will stomp along on the roads but will cope with some quite frequent green laning, but more to the point one that some one with my miniscule inside leg ( no sexual reference implied ) can cope with.:rolleyes:

Don't want to spend big bucks so nothing flashy or new.

Any spring to mind ? Cheers.
Boo. :thumbright:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Alp with a low seat, I've only got 29 inside leg and it can be lowered.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Maybe a Suzuki DR350? I'd suggest a Yamaha Serrow but I think you'd probably get bored with the on-road performance. If that's not too much of an issue then that could be an option too. Both are older, robust and elec start. Leg length can be a real issue when you've got to kickstart the bike in an awkward position.

It really depends on what you're going to spend most of the time doing. A lowered TA with some decent tyres like TKC80's would be vastly better on-road and adequate off-road but it would be nowhere near as suitable as something smaller off-road.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
OK here is the truth: on conception God decided to keep my bottom very close to the ground. This was done by not giving me real legs just these short hairy stumpy things :(

Need a bit of guidance as to a bike that will stomp along on the roads but will cope with some quite frequent green laning, but more to the point one that some one with my miniscule inside leg ( no sexual reference implied ) can cope with.:rolleyes:

Don't want to spend big bucks so nothing flashy or new.

Any spring to mind ? Cheers.
Boo. :thumbright:
You thinking road bike? or some offroad?
Good to meet you BTW at TLD - sorry to hear about the home n bike thang.
Gary - AckAckFlack

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
how about a 125/150cc midi sized pitbike? you can get road legal ones, and pay from a few grand for a full on KTM to £500 for a tingtong.

lad at work has a 140cc "Lifan" that goes like a fag stubbed puppy, i can ride it and im 6'2"/120kg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You thinking road bike? or some offroad?
Good to meet you BTW at TLD - sorry to hear about the home n bike thang.
Gary - AckAckFlack
looking for road and laning pref 600cc +
dont mind wot make,just wont to touch the ground at least one side! :thumbup:
cheers
Boo

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
looking for road and laning pref 600cc +
dont mind wot make,just wont to touch the ground at least one side! :thumbup:
cheers
Boo
Sorry Boo didn't read your original post properly.
Agree transalp with lowered seat is the order of the day.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Get a Transalp and some platform shoes or stabilisers.

·
Registered
299 Posts
How stumpy is stumpy ? I manage a Transalp with 29" inside leg, as do others.

Alternatively, if it's primarily road with some off-road, then :- Old Yam XT600E ( and derestrict it ), or Suzuki Freewind 650 ( if you can find one , they're not that common ). Both are low-ish.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks chaps,now on a transalp hunt so if you find any can you let me know ?
big thanks for all the suggestions :thumbup:

Boo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts