Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride last night and I have one of those LED batterey charge lights fitted , anyway ,as I was riding along I noticed the light was permanently on red which means the batterey is being charged , normally it's on green unless there's a draw on the batterey .
I stopped the bike in a layby got off to have a look see and noticed once I'd taken my gloves off that the heated grips were hot but the control for the grips was off ?
I took the seat off and removed the fuse to isolate the grips.
So chaps question , what the fecks going on as I can't get my head round this fault.

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
Did the charge indicator go back to green, and the grips cool off, after you'd removed the fuse?

Are the grips the Oxford digital ones? I had so much trouble with the first set I bought, and got zero support from Oxford, that I eventually binned it!

Bob

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes mate , all went back to normal after I took the fuse out.
But as I said ,the control for the grips was off.

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
Yes mate , all went back to normal after I took the fuse out.
But as I said ,the control for the grips was off.
If they are Oxford digital grips, the LED's on mine stopped working, and the controller took on a mind of it's own, which meant they usually never worked when it was cold or raining, and switched themselves on randomly on hot days. I'm sure that moisture somehow got into mine.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I turned the controller on and tried all the settings out ,a the LEDs came on and seemed fine , could there be a short somewhere which could heat the grips and bypass the controller?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The relay merely supplies (and cuts) power to the switch. Think of it as the mains switch in a house; when it's on it doesn't force equipment to come on. The problem must be with the handlebar-mounted switch. It should be breaking the circuit but isn't. Since it's an over-complex bit of kit, it shouldn't be a surprise if it fails. If Oxford don't help, bin the thing and buy a nice simple set with a physical switch... no LEDs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts