Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have 9 things on my keys, which frankly gets in the way when I plug it into the alp. How do you guys sort out the problem of silly amounts of keys?

Having a motorcycle keyring isn't an option cos I'd lose it!

·
Registered
924 Posts
my are split - ignition key on its own, and the rest (locks, panniers, topbox etc) on a seperate keyring in my pocket.

easier to start the bike, and means i can go in my top box without stopping the engine.

:thumbright:

·
Registered
533 Posts
my are split - ignition key on its own, and the rest (locks, panniers, topbox etc) on a seperate keyring in my pocket.

easier to start the bike, and means i can go in my top box without stopping the engine.

Same here, and the ignition is on a lanyard so I can put it around my neck if I don't want to take my gloves off and fiddle with my pockets

·
Registered
897 Posts
Ok, so I have 9 things on my keys, which frankly gets in the way when I plug it into the alp. How do you guys sort out the problem of silly amounts of keys?

Having a motorcycle keyring isn't an option cos I'd lose it!
Best way ever to knakker up an ignition lock!
only use the bike key in the lock.

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts

+ another 1 :thumbup:

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
That Choop looks like an idea, but at the moment I'd similar to Jarl, not counted them all but must be sailing close to having to take my boots off! (I.E. more than my fingers and brain can cope with:rolleyes:)
Will investigate my collection over Easter:toothy2:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i split mine into three
house, car and bike and connect them with this

yes if you want to pose you can wear it on your belt loops.

generally i only carry the required keys eg if i'm on the bike and the wifes out house and bike, if out in the car (wifey at home) car only . excess keys kept on a key rack at home.
works well untill you get home soaking wet thinking someone is at home and you find out they've all p***ed off out leaving you freezing on the door step.:(:(:(:(

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
i have a metal disc keyring that each key goes into on its own little metal toggle, so each can be removed by pulling back on a sprung catch.
works very well, ive never lost a key off it in my pocket and it means the ignition key is used without the noise or top yoke damage caused by a whole bunch.
got it from halfords but ive seen them loads of places, its lasted me 10yrs now at least

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
"i have a metal disc keyring"

never seen one of those but sounds handy ,so pic please.

Enjoy
see what i can dig up grey alp, even if its taking a pic of mine but i'll have to use the pc upstairs for that, this vista rubbish on the laptop doesnt like my camera......

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
here ya go

you can get something similar on amazon at the moment but its only got four rings, and wenger do a really good one with six but its £15

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Keeping the wemoto tag thing with the bike key because I check for the tag to make sure I've got my keys (so hopefully I won't leave the bike key in the bike!). Fingers crossed should work, cheers all :)

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts

Keeping the wemoto tag thing with the bike key because I check for the tag to make sure I've got my keys (so hopefully I won't leave the bike key in the bike!). Fingers crossed should work, cheers all :)
I use one of those looped keyrings aswell. They are easy to use with gloved hands and if you drop the key inside the fairing it makes it easier to find and less likely to disappear under the tank. DAMHIK

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Thanks ,did not find one with more than 4 keys.
But did find something else .... try getting that in your pocket!

Enjoy
you can actually buy that but its hundreds of quid. i want a real one the size of those huge display knife in shop windows

1 - 20 of 27 Posts