Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone in the know i.e a mod or someone tell me what the advantage and perks of subscribing are these day over not subscribing only asking as i have no idea anymore how the change of ownership has effected things.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
And while we are at it
The £12 I used to pay was for the upkeep of the forum to help DaveS out. I was one of the first to agree and pay. But now things have changed a lot. We have lots of adds which obviously keep the forum running and make money. So why should I subscribe? ??
But:-D
If these £12 could be used for our get togethers. Paid into a local account we could hire toilets, or a marquee or maybe a have a big spit roast or some barrels of local beer I would have no problem to pay. Paying to make the new owners a little bit richer is somehow not very high on my agenda

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Paying to make the new owners a little bit richer is somehow not very high on my agenda
...and more so considering that they are nuking Tapatalk in a minute in favour of the Motorcycle.com app which then costs another £1.99 to avoid ads on there.

Jason, I don't think anything has changed forum wise regarding subscribing. It gives you access to create For Sale and Wanted posts, PMs, removes ads and allows you to upload pics as attachments.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...and more so considering that they are nuking Tapatalk in a minute in favour of the Motorcycle.com app which then costs another £1.99 to avoid ads on there.

Jason, I don't think anything has changed forum wise regarding subscribing. It gives you access to create For Sale and Wanted posts, PMs, removes ads and allows you to upload pics as attachments.

Ok, i just want to be clear so if i don't subscribe i can't post in the for sale and wanted section, upload pictures or receive PM's would that be correct??

Also it's nice to see none of the mods have come in to clear this up for me .

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
correct, but you do get a nice new app to replace Tapatalk :)
i've never used tapatalk in the past and don't know what it is or what it does

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Ok, i just want to be clear so if i don't subscribe i can't post in the for sale and wanted section, upload pictures or receive PM's would that be correct??

Also it's nice to see none of the mods have come in to clear this up for me .
Just to clarify: you can receive PM's , but you can not respond if you are not a subscriber (which is handy) , so the person sending me a PM thinks I have ignored him / her. :(
Would have been better to have a pop up to the sender of the PM , saying "Sorry this member can't respond as he/she is NOT subscribed to the forum "

So anyone who has PM'ed me , I am sorry , I can not respond through XRV , but you can find me elsewhere , just google *LargeWayRound*..

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
A
If these £12 could be used for our get togethers. Paid into a local account we could hire toilets, or a marquee or maybe a have a big spit roast or some barrels of local beer I would have no problem to pay.
glad to see someone has their priorities right!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
There must be a hack out there to allow Tapatalk to see this new thing - so a work around is needed - IT gurus flex your fingers!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
There isn't a hack as if the Tapatalk plugin isn't installed and activated on the forum, it won't work. The only way it works is if the forum admin installs it on the server - hence they can quite easily switch it off and force people to use their own ****ty app instead and then charge people for going ad-free.

·
Registered
942 Posts
well i havent subscribed but have sent and received lots of pm's some from other non subscribed members,
have put up quite a few pics too,
dont think i can post ads in the for sale section,but never actually tried

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Could someone in the know i.e a mod or someone tell me what the advantage and perks of subscribing are these day over not subscribing only asking as i have no idea anymore how the change of ownership has effected things.

Thanks

If you can put up with the ads, I'd say don't subscribe. Keep your £12 in your pocket and don't send it to Canada!!!

:(

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Watch out for new XRV Forum using Tapatalk - I bet someone will see it worth doing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts