Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the risk of sounding more of a miserable b*stard than I already am, I have decided not to renew my subscription. I feel that the amount of advertising and "sponsors" we now have will more than cover the running costs of the forum...

That is all.....:hitler:

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
I'm with you on that one. There are adverts/banners everywhere on the site including ones for 'passport exchanging services' (well they call it dating but...:hitler:) so my sub isn't needed. :thumbright:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
agree...I always get mature dating sites ad's ....wonder why.....:confused:

·
SOTGATT
3,521 Posts
At the risk of sounding more of a miserable b*stard than I already am, I have decided not to renew my subscription. I feel that the amount of advertising and "sponsors" we now have will more than cover the running costs of the forum...

That is all.....:hitler:

You have a PM.................:angel10:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
There are adverts/banners everywhere on the site
I can't recall seeing any other than the small sponsor banner graphics in the main index. If there are others then they simply don't work so maybe your sub is needed :D

Are you sure you're logged in when you get these? No/few ads is it's meant to be one of the perks of paying the £12.

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
I can't recall seeing any other than the small sponsor banner graphics in the main index. If there are others then they simply don't work so maybe your sub is needed :D

Are you sure you're logged in when you get these? No/few ads is it's meant to be one of the perks of paying the £12.

Your eyesight must be failing then ;)

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
the only ads or banners you should be seeing when subscribed and logged in are the ones that have been there for ages on the forums page.

if you're seeing more I'd suggest you aren't logged in all of the time when viewing the site, Jasonbc had a similar issue a while back

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,027 Posts
I can't see any ads on this page at all?:(

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
Are you sure you are looking at xrv.org.uk and not another site with "xrv" in it?
No, it was the Pedants' and eristic forum ;)

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
the only ads or banners you should be seeing when subscribed and logged in are the ones that have been there for ages on the forums page.

if you're seeing more I'd suggest you aren't logged in all of the time when viewing the site, Jasonbc had a similar issue a while back

That explains many adverts. I guess Olga and Mae-Ling are after my subscription money as well as my passport! Doesn't vitiate Sean's point though does it?;):hitler:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
The ad's are definatly there i've installed adblock plus on Firefox to get rid of them and i agree with sean, about the subscription. I put a thread up on here a couple months back asking what people thought as i thought it was quieter on here lately which it is and not much seems to happen on here anymore so i too am considering not to bother renewing mine in September, things are going down hill here at the moment in my opion but i can't put my finger on the reason why though

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Got to say I'm not seeing any adverts either. The only place I see them is on the forum page

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Got to say I'm not seeing any adverts either. The only place I see them is on the forum page
Have you checked if you have any adblock software installed via windows or 3rd party

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
just to make my point clear i don't see the add's on my PC anymore due to installing adblock but when im at work a look at the forum in my breaks i do see them on my phone. The other reason i'm torn about renewing is because nothing new ever seems to come, we just seem to keep going round and round on the same issues and same questions in threads almost 6 monthly some threads seem to get repeated

1 - 20 of 67 Posts