Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two years ago I had to remove my original exhaust from my RD03 because it was so badly corroded internally, I fitted a GPR Exhaust temporally until I could get my original restored.

In Rostov, Russia I met a custom bike & exhaust builder called Pasha, i sent the exhaust to him and 2 months later I got it back.

He completely rebuild the exhaust using stainless steel, it’s now a straight pipe with removable baffle, it weighs 5.5kg.
The heat shied, exhaust tip were used from the original exhaust, also the upper exhaust “black box” was cut open and emptied and now is used only to mount the exhaust is it’s original place . I’m very happy with the result :)

89 HRC Africa Twin 650

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sweet You mentioned the new silencer weighed 5,5kg, do you know how much the original one weighed?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
How is the sound? Is it much louder than the GPR? Maybe a bit of vid?:)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
How is the sound? Is it much louder than the GPR? Maybe a bit of vid?:)
Its slightly deeper sounding then the GPR, it’s also slightly shorter then the GPR, the internal design is very similar.
I have only this video for now but it’s not great, I need to set up the carbs correctly and sync them, there is a removable baffle also but the video is with the baffle in. Il make a better video soon.

https://youtu.be/2k0FU-ZYw0E

89 HRC Africa Twin 650

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds good. I bet it sounds great uncorked. :thumbup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Baffle out for me. :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts