Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am wondering which tyres others use that would give good onroad and offroad performance.
I apologize that I cant tell you what's on her now as i didn't look when i bought her recently though they are road tyres....
I did a small spin up a forest track last week and was quite impressed, but i felt a little bit more grip would be confidence building.
I have looked on the forum and see the BT-45's are popular as are the Avon 64 and I see online the Michelin Sirac, but I would like to hear your opinions

ta
Rod
'06 Transalp 650

·
Registered
158 Posts
Bridgestone Trailwing 41 & 42 give good grip both on sealed and unsealed roads, though rear tyres don't last long. Michelin sirac give good grip on sealed roads though I haven't tried them for any distance on unsealed. I currently have an Anakee3 on the rear and it is great on sealed roads though I haven't tried it for any distance on unsealed and it looks much more suitable for sealed anyway. I don't like Pirelli scorpion trails due to one stack each due to a front and a rear losing traction when I wouldn't otherwise have expected it. Tyres are usually a personal feel thing for the most part anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, try heidenau k60 or mitas e07 plus, both are really good on road and off road
Mitas is a little bit more noisy than k60, and you can buy them in good price
I’ve got now mitas previously i had heidenau and they are similar...

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a 1995 600 and put some mitas tyres on. E09 on the back and an E10 on the front. so far i've done mainly on road and they handle perfectly and I hardly notice the blockyness. I've also done about 3 hours off road and they give me lots of confidence in the dirt to which I am a newcomer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that, I'll have a look at them later.
I now know what's on mine, a Dunlop /mc54V front and Maxxis 65H on rear, not my choice but fitted by dealer prior to purchase. Seems fine for now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts