Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Planning a trip to Spain and the wife needs new riding gear. She only joins me on the bike when the temperature rises to heatwave levels. Her preferred outfit would be t-shirt and shorts. She is prepared to compromise on some lightweight but protective clothing providing that it doesn't make her look like a michelin man (she's size 10/12) is not brightly coloured and makers labels are unobtrusive. Could be leather or textile. Hard knee armour has to be removeable 'cos it hurts her knees;)
Any lady riders have the perfect solution:confused:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Help! Planning a trip to Spain and the wife needs new riding gear. She only joins me on the bike when the temperature rises to heatwave levels. Her preferred outfit would be t-shirt and shorts. She is prepared to compromise on some lightweight but protective clothing providing that it doesn't make her look like a michelin man (she's size 10/12) is not brightly coloured and makers labels are unobtrusive. Could be leather or textile. Hard knee armour has to be removeable 'cos it hurts her knees;)
Any lady riders have the perfect solution:confused:
Last time i did Spain i picked the wrong time completely last 2 weeks in August it was in the high 40 c temps Cordura kit with liners removed, armour removed was still way too hot was constantly fighting dehydration all the way down
Go to Damerells at Indian Queens and George White in Bodmin and have a look at there summer clothing George whites sell nothing but clothing up there, they only ahd 1 bike last time i was there

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
went to Spain last year in 40 degrees and I wore Heine Gerrecke Cool air ladies jacket and trousers. They were brilliant, whilst MoM and jay were dehydrating I stayed comfortable. I'm a size 12 and it fitted well and I removed the knee armour because it hurt my knee. Sounds like it ticks the boxes, cost £100 fir the jacket and £ 80 for the trousers

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Have a look at Red Rooster bike jeans

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Ive just bought one of these

js

£79.95 but with thier discount of 10 % it was 10% less :D

I know its for blokes but I think they do them for females too :rolleyes:

CE armoured and so far fantastic now just want some hot weather to try without the liner in :sunny::sunny::sunny:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Has she considered this?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Has she considered this?

I'm on to Heine Gericke to see if they have one in TGLW's size.

I see she removed the knee pads like Sharrie did:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts