Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Rayban Sports glasses. I always used them when playing Baseball. Could look directly into the sun and still see the ball. And they fit well under a helmet. Let me have a look, if I find a link somewhere.

Edith: just had a quick look around. they dont have those I run around with in their program anymore. But they have some other sports ones... and even the small regular ones are good. Im sure you will find a store somewhere to check them out. What I liked about them was that even though they darken the picture the vision is still extemely good. Of course these pilot glasses wont work, but all the smaller ones (which are not solely for fashion but for real use) do a really great job.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I suffer bad in the sun... real bad! Can anyone recommed some good UV sunglasses that really cut the glare?

Cheers.

years ago i always bought expensive one beleiving they wee better having broke and lost so many pair i now only buy UVEX glasses really good and good prices and the fashions are the same as the designer glasses with only a 1/10 of the price.

Uvex Performance Sunglasses

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, just having a look now...

Forgot to mention that fashion means nothing to me, i don't mind paying money for good gear as long as it's good but i won't pay an extra £80 just coz it's ray-ban or D&G etc... If i'm paying £100 for glasses then i want it to be because it's got the best protection not a name.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Craig

Try these Sunwise Sunglasses for leisure and sports protection eye wear I bought a pair at the Northwich Thundersprint last year and they are superb they do a range mine are the Photocrhomatics that change with the brightness, :thumbright:

Fit easily when you have your helmet on and it is a British company :thumbright::thumbright:

What more do you need ;)

If you are at Piel this weekend I can show you them :thumbright:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'll be there for the rideout, meeting at carnforth then i'll head for home when you lot leave High Cross for the island, will you be at High Cross m8?
Depends at the moment :rolleyes: embarrasingly my darling wife has booked a hair appointment which as you know for some reason takes about 6 fookin hours :confused: so If I put my foot down then yes we will be at the pub for lunch if she gets her own way in exchange for sexual promises then no :D

On the other hand have a look on the website they list stockists as they are not exactly full High Street yet there maybe one near you :thumbright:

they are bloody good though Craig I suffered like hell with glare especially with my dodgy eye so do try them before you buy any others, they were about £60 if I remember correctly. :thumbright:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Craig

A company called Specialized (big in mountain bike world) have a set for mountain biking and got a fantastic review recently(£65) - they are wrap around so if you use them without a helmet you get no sun coming in from the sides. They are also photochromic. They had interchangeable lenses so you could run clear or amber / yellow for impaired light / night vision enhancement

I use mountain bike glasses all the time for their snug unintrusive fit and the wrap around feature and am thinking of getting some of these for the car so I don't have to keep taking them on and off in cloudy weather. Just not got round to doing it yet

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I've read which reports that have concluded that some of the cheaper brands offer equal if not better UV protection than some of the big brand big money offerings,
I wear a pair of Ladgecom impact resistant cycling/Skiing glasses (£25.00) they come supplied with a wind blocker (fits inside between glasses and eyes to stop drafts and bugs, a head strap and arms

• Passes BS EN 1836 Complete Sunglasses, BS EN ISO 12870-Spectacle/Frames,ANSI Z80.3 Impact Resistance
  • Reflective and Decentred Polycarbonate Lenses with 100% Full UVA & UVB Protection
  • Accessories included: EVA Padding, Neoprene Bag, Adjustable Strap & Micro-Fiber Lens Cleaning Cloth
  • Suitable for Extreme Sports and Running, Cycling, Kayaking, Skiing, Snowboarding, Sailing etc
  • These have removable arms via a button on the outside edge. Strap connects directly into the frames.
Ladgecom All-Weather Sunglasses & Goggles with Head Strap for Cycling, Running & Ski Sports: Amazon.co.uk: Shoes & Accessories

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Foster Grant driving glasses,,cheap, cheerful and legal from Halfords:glasses1:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Do any of these fit over normal glasses?

·
Registered
161 Posts
hi mike here go to boc welding glasses anti flash good range if you fall off thay wont take your eye out like sunglasses i wear my clear ones all the time did the tld with them on

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Forgot to mention that fashion means nothing to me,
I have just got rid a shirt that was in fashion in the 1970's.
The only reason I got rid of it is it does not fit any more.
I do not understand this fashion trend.

·
Timid biker
187 Posts
I've yet to find anything better than Oakley's blue iridium lenses for anti-glare, into-the-sun riding in both summer and winter. I've had mine for 15 years now.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts