Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...of failing to grit/salt the roads around Woking.

Big thanks for the guy on the Yam (I think) who tried to warn me and ended up sliding off his bike. When I got off to help him get it back up I literally slid down the road!

Hope the guy who apparently had come off further down the road is OK!

Ride safe everyone!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
...of failing to grit/salt the roads around Woking.

Big thanks for the guy on the Yam (I think) who tried to warn me and ended up sliding off his bike. When I got off to help him get it back up I literally slid down the road!

Hope the guy who apparently had come off further down the road is OK!

Ride safe everyone!!
oops.. I hope you all are OK:thumbleft:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from http://www.964eagle.co.uk/news/news.asp

No mention of the biker I was told had crashed.

Surrey and Hampshire's 96.4 Eagle Radio News

Not gritting the roads causing about 30 crashes in Surrey

Surrey bosses admit they were caught on the hop by the weather last night and didn't grit the roads. Police tells us there were about 30 reports of crashes this morning. Gritters say they were on stand by to go out on the roads, but were told to stand down. On the B3001 a man had to be cut out of his Subaru after hitting a tree at 8 this morning - he's being treated at the Royal Surrey for minor injuries. Sometime later another car - a black polo - crashed at exactly the same spot in a seperate incident. In Wrecclesham a woman's been taken to Frimley Park for whiplash and chest pains after hitting a house on The Street just after 6am. Engineers were called to the scene as it's feared the chimney could collapse. On the A322 at Fox Corner 4 cars crashed and one ended up in a ditch, but no one was hurt. In Knaphill a power cable's been knocked down during a prang between 2 white vans and a mini - a man in his 20s was treated at the scene by paramedics.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Just pure crap when these knobbers in local office come out with caught on the hop excuses. F**k me its winter surely they should expect the unexpected:mad:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Glad you and seemingly all the riders involved got away with it:thumbleft:, but for all drivers.......

.........how about, given that it's winter, people actually drive like it might be icy???? y'know........hedge shadows.......surface water.......blah blah....instead of assuming that the gritters have magic wands and izzy wizzy lets get bizzy all of the ice away, when they are really just scattering something that only lowers the freezing point of water marginally! ;):thumbleft:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
crap isn't it? I came off on ice in Catrford One way system - 300 yards from the town hall.

And yet they had the money for special celebration of Obama's election , printing thousands of bits of paper for people to fill out "what it meant to them" that he was elected.

It meant to me there was evenless money to grit the effing roads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts