Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surrey TRF were absolutely sickened recently by the obvious lack of appropriate knowledge when councillors were faced with the task of voting on the creation of a T.R.O. - Temporary Restriction Order.

They preferred to take their lead from the biased view point of a known anti-MPV County Councillor, than be guided by the dedicated Rights Of Way team.

We believe this is a flawed system, so if you also agree, please take a couple of minutes to sign our petition to get the system altered.

Please go to:

Surrey County Council - Petition to: We call upon Surrey County Council to improve the objectivity, impartiality and integrity of decision making on Rights of Way issues, by introducing a Code of Best Practice in Rights of Way issues, similar to the

We think with enough signatures we can change the system.

Thank you for your time.

·
SOTGATT
3,521 Posts
Done !

Sticky would be good Mods....Please.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Evening all trail riders!

If you get a couple of minutes could you fire off an email to [email protected]

It doesn't need to be anything flowery, just a dear sir/madam, as a legal and considerate Trail Bike rider I would like to object to the proposed
T.R.O.s on Cradle Lane, ( Byways Kingsley # 29, and Headley # 36), why have less draconian measures not been tried first, etc.

Many thanks

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi trailsters!

We need to act soon to save the Cradle Lane trail.

Please try and customise, but you must leave the word object. If you can think of reason yourself even better.

We only have to the 28th of Oct to object.

This lane is a really important one, as it's one of the few links from Surrey into Hants.

Will any one who gets a couple of minutes email:

[email protected]

Here is a template:

Dear Sir/Madam
I would like to object to the inclusion of Trail Bikes in the proposed TRO.

I am a legal and responsible trail bike rider.
It is my understanding that I am being punished collectively for the illegal and irresponsible behaviour of a minority of Byway abusers.
Yours Sincerely,

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My e-mail (Please don't directly copy and paste, as it lessens the impact!)

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to object to the inclusion of Trail Bikes in the proposed TRO.

I am a legal and responsible trail bike rider, my bike meets and EXCEEDS all statutory requirments for noise and exhaust emissions. (With the voluntary purchase of after-market exhaust inserts, at cost to myself.)

It is my understanding that I am being punished collectively for the illegal and irresponsible behaviour of a minority of Byway abusers.

Efforts would be better focussed targetting these riders rather than 'tarring all motorcycle riders with the same brush'.

You are well aware that the Trail Riders Fellowship does its upmost to advise and support legal trail riders.

They do not associate with, or condone these ILLEGAL riders.

Yours Sincerely,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts